<body>

Monday, May 17, 2010

MY FAVORITE INTERVIEW OF HEATH LEDGER - CELEBRATING HEATH

I have been revisiting my favorite videos of Heath - fan tributes, interviews, him flying a plane - many of which I have posted at the Video Tributes to Heath thread of the forum at heathledgerplanet.com This one is from page 4 of the thread.


This tribute includes much of my favorite interview with Heath ~ given December 3, 2007 ~ so near the time we lost him
It's the radio interview Beyond the Subtitles with Stephen Schaefer.
Put together by someone who has become my friend ~ Johanna
I "met" Johanna at youtube via our common love for Heath
Known at Youtube as jopicca aka neverthesame here

My favorite portion of my favorite Heath interview:
"...Cause for me, like, what a success is – is, I mean the only time that I’m alive, and living and expressing and feeling,
and, and relating is, is, is when I’m on set and that time between “action” and “cut”
and so that’s the only thing that’s really important is how that experience is,
and, and how that experience will affect my life and what I have to give from my life to that experience.
And everything that happens after that – is just irrelevant. You know, it’s kind of um, if it’s a success, great,
if it’s not, great, fine. You know, it’s um, it affects you, or it doesn’t. alove

...Why I love him so....he speaks by letting his heart speak. And there is no pretense.

I posted my transcriptions at my blog post:
ilovemylifebrothersandsisters.blogspot.com/2009/07

And the transcriptions are copied and pasted below.

My favorite interview with Heath took place December 3, 2007
It's the radio interview Beyond the Subtitles with Stephen Schaefer. Below, I put the links to all three parts of the interview uploaded by springrose

Transcribed here is some of the interview's Part 1

Stephen Schaefer:
Brokeback Mountain really was, you know, in some ways was a career peak, so, or in many ways. Did it really change things for you, in the way you looked at yourself, or, uh the way you felt what you were able to then go do? …as an actor, in terms of what Hollywood would offer you?

Heath:
Yeah, yeah, yes, it did. Um, I’d like to not to think of it as a peak (laughs) cause I’m only 28, I have a few years."

Schaefer: You can have many peaks.

Heath: Oh, okay, good.

Schaefer: There are peaks and they’re valleys.

Heath: That’s true, true. Okay, um,

Schaefer: One of many career peaks.

Heath: Hopefully. Um, but yeah, it um, I get, yeah it did on many levels, I think personally it did too. I, I um, I’d been looking, I always look for things that challenge me and, and duh, and dum and teach me and, and teach me and, and to be more understanding, accepting human being, an actor and, and, and dum and that was a real task, there were a lot of obstacles and um.

You know, I, uh, I don’t think it was, I don’t think you can say it’s being brave or being courageous. It’s just, you know, uh, I just think it’s being honest, understanding, accepting of myself, and of the story, of the character. It did teach me a lot about that. And about your power. To believe. And, and um. so-o, you know, I-I on a personal level got a lot out of it. And uh, um. And definitely, it, it, uh, um, uh, you know it opened some doors. You know, people are uh, somewhat utterly trusting me more now. (Laughs) Which, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, for them. But, um you know, it’s um..so

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transcribed here is some of the interview's Part 2


This part of Heath’s interview about He’s Not There - Heath mentions doing the the movie, The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus with Terry Gilliam "in three weeks time". He also talks about The Masses record label, playing the guitar and learning to play the piano. And Candy is mentioned by Schaefer.

Heath: "...and dum, and then I do the Terrence Malik, movie right after that, then um The Tree of Life and then I um, and then I, I'll drop to the ground dead (laughs, Schaefer joins Heath in laughter) for a year...and duh, hybenate...um, mmm".

The following answer begins at 7:45

Heath: Yeah, I, I guess so. I-I guess you’d… you know, I don’t know whether it’s optimism or just kind of um, I..you know, it’s...

Sometimes , you just, you-you have to kind of throw away the care, like you have to not be too conscious of what will be a success and what won’t be. Uh, cause you really – that’s out of your power. And, and, like I said, look what is success? And um, uh, so I, you know I just, I- I try to look at what I feel like…the, the

Cause for me, like, what a success is – is, I mean the only time that I’m alive, and living and expressing and feeling, and, and relating is, is, is when I’m on set and that time between “action” and “cut” and so that’s the only thing that’s really important is how that experience is, and, and how that experience will affect my life and what I have to give from my life to that experience. And everything that happens after that – is just irrelevant. You know, it’s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transcribed here is some of the interview's Part 3


Heath: is, is when I’m on set and that time between “action” and “cut” and so that’s the only thing that’s really important is how that experience is, and, and how that experience will affect my life and what I have to give from my life to that experience. And everything that happens after that – is just irrelevant. You know, it’s (transcription above repeated from Part 2 here on Part 3) kind of um, if it’s a success, great, if it’s not, great, fine. You know, it’s um, it affects you, or it doesn’t.

But it’s, that shouldn’t in my, my mind, it shouldn’t kind dictate what your choices. Um, I, I –I just want to enjoy myself. I want to learn more. I want to work with good people. Um, creatively and as people who really just good people.

And duh, uh, so that, that, that drives me more than, then, well you know Terry had a really hard time on Brothers Grimm and you know, uh for some odd reason is finding it hard to get his next movie up and running. Oh, w-w, that’s too risky, I can’t be involved with that. No, no it’s like he’s one of the most creative, most visionary minds of, of, ever, in film history. I – I – I and a wonderful figure in my life. And had done a lot for me and cast me in The Brothers Grimm, when no one wanted to work with me at that stage of career. And, and, and uh, you know the company even once Terry brought me on board didn’t want me in the film and wanted to replace me and Terry said “No! I won’t do the movie without him for some odd reason.

Schaefer: Jesus, who knew?! Oh, God.

Heath: Yeah, you know, he, he’d given a lot to me and like if I can do anything to help him out then, then I will and dum, and so, you know, that’s the reason why.

Heath talks about the life of moving between staying home and working in films.

Schaefer: And final question.

And uh, this is something, you know, we ask actresses more often than actors. How do you find trying to have a balance then between your personal life and your professional life? With, you know, is it difficult, we see in the Dylan movie, the part you’re playing, that his personal life seems to really suffer from it. The celebrity.

Heath: Yeah, yeah it is difficult, but um, I mean, I can’t, I think my struggles are different to Robbie’s, I- I, but yeah, it is, but, it’s, it’s kind of heartbreaking in a sense – like having to-o, the inconsistency of your social life - kind of clocking in, checking in with your friends, and getting back a routine with your family, and, and life and kind of doing the washing, doing the dishes, maintaining your household, uh, commuting, uh, and then that just being chopped off and having three weeks go to London and, and work through Christmas and act in Vancouver and work to Martin and go off to Austin, Texas, and work there for three months then you’re away from them and everything for seven months and then you then you come back and try to rekindle it again, only to have it taken away, a year later. And, and it can be really tiring, it can be really lonely.

It can be (exhales) all these things, but, but, but we still do it. Like it’s because, you know, it’s what we love, it’s something that drives us to it. Or away from it. Or you know, there’s a fascination, an addiction to the lifestyle as well, I think, um. It’s a bit of a double-edged sword, I believe. Um, you know. Cause part of you wants to stay home and do nothing for the rest of your life, but as soon as you’re there, you want to get out and start working.

(Schaefer laughs, then Heath joins him) You know?

Schaefer, Yeah.

Okay, this is Stephen Schaefer for WPS1 Beyond the Subtitles.
So long, farewell and “Thank You, Heath Ledger”.

Heath: Thank You, Stephen.

The interview ends with the song: Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Heaven's Door

***************************

Links to the interview

Beyond the Subtitles - Part 1

Beyond the Subtitles - Part 2

Beyond the Subtitles - Part 3

...........................................
...........................................
Part 3


peacsx Sandra hugsx



I was just thinking of Heath Ledger's we are the masses this morning in bed...thinking I would go there again and leave one of my gratitude notes. I know I won't receive a reply - it isn't even done with that in mind. I write whoever reads my little heartfelt messages there at the contact link to say how inspired I am by Heath and how he has touched me and my life. It is one of the things I do that makes me feel closer to him.

I hate that bumper sticker slogan "sh_t happens". For me, I prefer "Magic Happens" because so, too, does it happen. And Heath was magic for me personified. I have had people who are really strangers to me pour their hearts out to me in long emails/notes at youtube about Heath and the personal effect he continues to have on them (just today, again). And I know for me, magic has come to my life, some of which is thoroughly Heath-inspired. If I focus on the goodness that Heath has brought to my life, then I expect to receive even more abundance and goodness. It isn't my thought that ~ what I think on, I get more of. Someone else came up with that little gem.

I have got to stop with the words and go practice. As you probably can tell, words are a vehicle of clarification and healing for me.


Artist - Friend of Heath Ledger:
Daniel Auber's Blog: auberdaniel.blogspot.com

Here Daniel explains to us the logo for We Are the Masses
Masses_LOGO.mov

HEATH'S PAGE AT
we are the masses



Our loves are only symbols of an unknown immortality.
Where communion is deep, there exists no separation at all,
...and what is supposed to be gone and past is often more real than ever...
Words of the Earth ~ Cedric Wright


Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 at 12:49:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I love my life...
just wanted to let you know that even though things move on... I just wanted to say Hi again... and tip my hat to you...
hope you are doing well and are happy...
Thanks again for joining the team on the Parnassus site and all your love for Heath is so endearing and wonderful...
.... I wish you so much happiness and joy always.. Peace on your journey!!!
Keep on.. Shine One ... Shine On..
love Mutchi

 
At May 18, 2010 at 5:48:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

There must be something going on in the Universe. Heath's energy in my life has been quick and rich the last 24 hours. Thank you so very much for leaving a comment! It is so nice to have the connection. Stop back in. I have a poem coming up in my next post that just burst out of me this afternoon. Heath lives on in so many ways and in so many of us.

How are you?

Sandra

 
At May 21, 2010 at 3:51:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra...
.... good to know you read this... hi back again..
we are both fine and things are well.. all right in most places...
..... we loved the film so very much ... everything I knew it would be and even more...
... Heath was an awesome talent and a beautiful human being by all that everyone who knew him says...it was an honor to take part in anyway with getting the movie out there... ya know...
... ... I feel that Heath is still around... and always will be... it's just that kind of universe...
still... the world was a nicer place with him in it...
.... hugs and love and peace rule your world...
love, mutchi

 
At May 21, 2010 at 10:54:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

"I feel that Heath is still around... and always will be... it's just that kind of universe...
still... the world was a nicer place with him in it.."

Agreed. I "feel" him quite a bit hanging around. Felt him tonight when I was playing piano and singing.

I haven't bought the dvd yet, and the price just went up at Amazon.

I will purchase it eventually. I saw it at least 13 times in theatres. I think it will be different viewing it at home. And of course, I want to see the special features. Weeks ago I requested it at the library. There many people in front of me, so I will be patient. I noticed a few TV advertisements for the dvd, but never for the theatre release. Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home