<body>

Monday, May 3, 2010

WHEN RAFA WINS - THERE IS ONE THING I REALLY TRULY LOVE - THE SMILE

RAFA NADAL WON ON CLAY IN ROME AFTER RAIN DELAYS

Source unknown
I retreived this photo from
Rafa's Babolat-sponsored forum
Thread:
ROME 25TH APRIL-2ND MAY-2010-PICTURE AND VIDEO THREAD
page 5

.........................................................

.........................................................
Rafa's final point of the Championship Match - Rome Masters 2010
Uploaded by yutuve66

Rafael Nadal celebrates
Getty Images


Rafa's celebrative reaction was a bit subdued...less of a reaction than the semi final match reaction, probably due to the size of the crowd and the person on the other side of the net was his friend David, but still Rafa's smile is one of my favorite things about him winning.

It was a small crowd of fans due mostly to the second rain delay that saw the end result live. Hopefully those who went home were able to see it on television or online. '
Rome Masters
Final Match - Championship Match
Rafa Nadal defeated David Ferrer
7-5, 6-2
Rafa's 17the Masters 1000 title

25 pictures of the Rome Final 2010

Daylife photos of Rafael Nadal


Rafael Nadal of Spain thanks the fans after defeating David Ferrer of Spain in the final during day eight of the ATP Masters Series - Rome at the Foro Italico Tennis Centre on May 2, 2010 in Rome, Italy. Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images

.........................................................



.........................................................

Uploaded by
VideoTVnewsTENNIS

Press Q & A translating English into Italian

Highlights

Spanish TV interview after the Final Rome Masters May 2, 2010

by
gandaines

May 2, 2010

SMILING NADAL SAVOURS HISTORIC MOMENT

'The thing is to maintain high motivation to keep winning' Spraying the ball-kids with champagne, speaking Italian at the ceremony and laughing all the way through-Rafael Nadal had won the title and he was going to enjoy it!

The joy he radiated came in stark contrast to the broody figure he cut before the tournament began, when despite coming off an incredible tournament in Monte Carlo, he seemed as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

When you have some bad moments and every week you are trying to be there and try to win, said Nadal, before going through a litany of missed opportunities between May 2009 and April 2010 when he failed to win a tournament. The semi-finals in Miami, the finals in Doha, in Australia the quarter-finals last year I played badly for the last six months of 2009 and so lots of times I was there but I wasn't ready to win important matches. But I was there, so when you lose the semi-finals or the finals it's hard to accept, but at the same time, I worked a lot and started working towards the next tournaments. So, it's a nice moment now and I'm winning after 11 months of not winning a title.

Much of the Majorcan's lack of success for that period was down to injuries, particularly with his knees, but here in Rome he was feeling 100% fit, even as the clay got heavier after the two rain breaks which interrupted the final. I didn't have any problems with my knees the whole week which is unbelievable for me, for the last two tournaments, and so that is very important for me. But now is not the moment to talk about my knees. The important thing is that I've won a very important tournament and I'm very happy. Probably I didn't play as well as Monte Carlo, but the important thing is winning. Winning a tournament like Monte Carlo and losing 14 games doesn't happen every week. Can you remember lots of Master 1000 tournaments where (the winner lost) that many games? I can't. I lost one set and had a very difficult match yesterday (against Ernests Gulbis in the semi-final), a very difficult set against Wawrinka and a difficult first set (today). I am probably more happy winning without playing my best because it's more a mental thing.

Talk, as always, turned to his seeming invincibility on clay and his amazing consistency, but again Nadal was both humble and realistic. I've had a lot of bad days in the past five or six years. The thing is to maintain high motivation to keep winning. The important thing is to have enough motivation to want to improve all the time - this is the main thing for me, all of my career and all of my life and it's something that I'm still doing. For about eight months or longer I didn't win a tournament and then I won some in the past two months. Every time I go on court I try my best and I try to do this all the time.

And with that, he smiled. And when a supremely gifted player is finally fit enough to try his best all the time and explore the limits of his enormous potential, then tennis fans the world over can afford to smile as well. Source


Website of the tournament:
www.internazionalibnlditalia.it


Fan Support Sites ~ Great sources of information

vamos brigade
Wonderful pictures on page 17 of thread:
2010 Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Pics

Rafa's Babolat-sponsored forum

For future reference
Online viewing (for free)

www.fromsport.com

www.atdhe.net

For a fee
www.tennistv.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home