<body>

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE THAT DANCING WAS A SIN...BUT I HAD PIANO LESSONS


AND THAT WAS PROBABLY MY SALVATION. THE ARTS HAVE GRACED MY LIFE. I love to sing. I sing best when at home, I sit at the piano, relax and let the music flow through me. When I sing in public I get nervous and it affects my air control. Singing harmony has always been so much fun. For some reason, I have an unconscious belief that to sing in public I have to be perfect. But my favorite singers aren't perfect. I love them because they sing from their soul. I found this YouTube of "Wade in the Water". So much fun. I love the dancers too. .............................................................................. .............................................................................. Music is such a gift.

I taught music to thousands of students over 30 years. One of my students gave me a little picture with this quote on it - "Never try to teach a pig to sing......it wastes your time and annoys the pig." Thanks to Lanee Deblois.


I was raised to believe that dancing is a sin. But I adore dancing....out and about or alone at home to many of my wonderful CDs. Dancing is fabulous. Nothing makes me feel better than music, unless it's dancing. "My only job in life is to be who I am." stated by the character Maxine Gray, aka Tyne Daly on "Judging Amy"

"Be yourself. There's something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that." source unknown

The picture of me above was taken at Covent Garden, London, England where I saw the ballet, "La Fille Mal Gardee". My voice teacher had recommended the book "The Art of Singing and Voice Technique" by Viktor Fuchs and I couldn't find it anywhere (before
www.amazon.com days), but there it was, up high on a shelf at the Covent Gardens gift shop.

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

Help Us Stop and Prevent Genocide

www.savedarfur.org


www.dreamfordarfur.org


www.genocideintervention.net


www.standnow.org



"These are faces worth collecting. They are my human bookmarks.


They help me remember that we can only kill and discard someone once we have convinced ourselves they are not worthy of our caring.
Find a way to see what's real, deeply human, about everyone..." "The Face Collector" by Dr. Mitch Abblett
>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2007 at 1:53:00 AM EDT , Blogger D-Man said...

I'm the same way with singing - fear closes my throat when I sing solo in public, but I have always been a choir singer.

That's a great video - wade in the water. She can really belt it out, no?

 
At August 27, 2007 at 1:02:00 AM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Regarding the singer...I know, I love her. And I never heard of her before. The YouTuber is 60 years old and she knows how to upload - wow! I'm impressed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home