<body>

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RHODE ISLAND’S BILLY GILMAN ALL GROWN-UP AND BACK SINGING


A fun post for me to do. I am working on my event for the Dream for Darfur campaign to take place in Providence, Rhode Island. www.dreamfordarfur.org CARRY THE TORCH FOR DARFUR will happen October 27, Saturday, 2007 starting near Waterplace Park and marking Fidelity Investment Company, as Mia Farrow put it, the underwriter for the Darfur genocide. Our event will end at the Rhode Island State Capital building. I would love to have music as well as speakers, but I first have to make sure we will have the capacity to have electricity. So I was thinking of musicians from Rhode Island. And tonight I sat down at my piano and pulled out a song that I did years ago with my children’s choir, “One Voice” a song made popular by Rhode Island’s young singer, Billy Gilman from Hope Valley. I changed most of the verses’ lyrics to fit the Darfur genocide’s situation. Then I went to my favorite place on the internet, Youtube and listened to song after song of Billy Gilman, following that with a trip to www.billygilman.com

He is 19 years old now. And to my ear, his voice is better, and he certainly is man-cute now, and not boy-cute. Some comments on youtube wanted him to stay 11 years old forever, but Billy Gilman has decided to grow up and go with that plan, carrying on his passion for a music career. I would love to invite Billy to our Providence event. We’ll see how it goes asking for donated generators and all the necessary equipment.

In the meantime, I’ll work on a plan to do the Darfur lyrics to “One Voice”...I include the videos below of Billy. Seems like we ought to call him Bill, now, but I guess he chooses Billy. Lots of talent and a sweet, genuine, young man.

………………………………………………..

………………………………………………..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WinEkiweL4&mode=related&search=

Billy Gilman's Everything And More Music Video, 2005

Submitted by "lovebillygilman" age 17 from China

………………………………………………..

………………………………………………..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UxrCcsu3qk&mode=related&search=

Our First Kiss by the young adult Billy Gilman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9qjTq7jd2I&mode=related&search=

Interview with Billy

………………………………………………..

………………………………………………..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3hrp7SXgZw&mode=related&search=

Billy singing Crying at 14 and 17 years old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLm8_1tcbM&mode=related&search=

Song: I’m Not Me Anymore with pictures of Billy Gilman as he graduates high school in Rhode Island

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>


IF OUR LEADERS WON'T LEAD

ON THE ULTIMATE RIGHT TO LIVING A LIFE

THEN It is Our Torch to Carry

STOPPING GENOCIDE IS A RESPONSITILITY FOR ALL OF US

Genocide flourishes when there is no accountability.

WE CAN’T SAY THAT WE CARE ABOUT JUSTICE

WHEN WE DO NOTHING TO STOP THE INJUSTICE


The President's Comment Phone Line is open Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
202 - 456 - 1111

email: president@whitehouse.gov

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Call your US Senators & Representatives at

1 - 800 - GENOCIDE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We each have a voice.

We each have a presence.

We have been called to be human
 in the most basic way
 on this subject.  

Let Us Not Be Silent

Silence Kills  
We are each responsible for our personal silence.

If Peace never begins, Genocide will never end.

Where does Peace begin?

One humanity.

One Human Race.

BE INSPIRED

http://www.savedarfur.org

Join a Darfur Event.

Events will be starting on August 8, 2007,

which can be found at the SaveDarfur or Dream for Darfur Website

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2007 at 11:13:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for working so hard on this issue, and for the info! Good luck with the Dream for Darfur event! Keep us posted.

(I'm sorry if I posted this twice)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home