<body>

Monday, April 23, 2007

IOAN ONLINE GOES OFFLINE APRIL 30, 2007…IOAN, AS IN IOAN GRUFFUDD...A TRIBUTE TO THE WEBSITE AND IOAN, Of Course

Ioan . . .“If I Didn’t Care”


Ioan

Gruffudd

doesn't


take

any

bad

photos


........................................................................................

........................................................................................

"I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire"


He
is

just

dessert

for
the

eyes

and

fun

for

the

soul




"It Hurts Me More Than It Hurts You" by The Mills Brothers



Source for

all

Ioan Gruffudd's

photos

is www.ioanonline.com

which

will be

no

more...

soon...

Gone too soon.

IOAN ONLINE GOES OFFLINE APRIL 30, 2007…IOAN AS IN IOAN GRUFFUDD...

A Tribute To The Website

and Ioan, Of Course

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

APRIL’S . . . WWW.IOANONLINE.COM’S . . . IOAN GRUFFUDD

I am a relatively new admirer of the acting abilities and dashing good looks of and the dapper dresser – Wale’s Ioan Gruffudd. I found this wonderfully managed and rich resource website of Ioan, www.ioanonline.com

But two days ago, I learned the very sad news that the website will close April 30, 2007. This website was not only good for fans of Ioan Gruffudd, but it had to be an unquestionable gold mine for Ioan Gruffudd’s career and his rise to being noticed quicker than he might have been had there been no ioanonline managed - by April. Never being a “thread” reader, lurker or threads’ participant, I had no idea of the turmoil that had been brewing just very recently on the threads there.

Here I include entries of mine that I finally did participate and leave on the website thread where a sad farewell is being worked out by those who have been well-healed members of the threads, as well as people like me, who have been coming “out of the woodwork”:

<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<: <:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:

I only came looking for Ioan Gruffudd on the internet after I was so impressed with Matthew Rhys on my favorite TV show, Brothers and Sisters.

I believed it all started for me with an Elle magazine article that interviewed Ioan and Matthew together, which I must have discovered here. Otherwise, I don’t remember the details of how I “fell” upon this wonderfully managed site, but I have been impressed with it ever since. I even started my own blog and have done several postings about Ioan using pictures and clips that originated here, although I spotted them on Youtube and I put links to this site on my blog’s postings. My lastest posting was about the Imus mess, but I started the posting with 3 gorgeous pictures of Ioan taken from this site, writing “Just…because…Ioan Gruffudd is beautiful” under the pictures, then going on my exploration of Imus exposing not only his prejudices but all of our flaws. The comprehensive coverage of Ioan through the clips, pictures, his projects past and current and links are phenomenal, here. I so very much appreciated it and admired it. I am relatively a newcomer to Ioanonline.com and wondered just WHO the most capable, dedicated and giving person was behind this wonderful website, so I am staying up way past my personal “curfew” to write and tell you, (now that I know who you are…)

April, to say “Thank You.”

And please, know that I have so many hits on my original post for Ioan on my blog. Even though it is a net “oldie” it still gets hits. And when I wrote to the Blog over at Brothers and Sisters at www.abc.go.com to pitch my thought of Ioan being cast to play Kevin’s beau friend on Brothers and Sisters, that post was never posted by the administrators of the blog. Which I took as a good sign. I provided all the links to them for Ioan here on this website, provided youtubes of your original video clips, as well as the Elle magazine article mentioned above.

April, you’ve done a marvelous job. I don’t know what has been going on here, because I seldom read the chat stuff. But I get the drift that feelings have been frayed and burned. That is a sad thing. I am sorry for all that have been burned, hurt and tarnished.

I will miss coming here and getting my "Daily Minimum Requirement" boost from all this site has to offer. I especially loved you keeping us up with his interviews, which I clicked my way to with enthusiasm. And I so adored the pictures. Where else would we get such a wealth of pictures of Ioan and also of Alice! She is beautiful. The wallpaper pictures were fabulous. I have folders and folders filled with just some of the pictures I garnered from this website. One of my latest, I entitled: “Ioan Gruffudd, Pictures to Die For”. I have raved and raved over the film Amazing Grace on my blog and at speeches that I give about Darfur. Just yesterday, I caught AG for my 15th time. As it was the last day for the film, I had to go one more time. As a human rights activist, I even had to be on a nationwide conference call at the same time. So with earpiece in my ear I listened to the conference call for the 1st hour of Amazing Grace while listening to the meeting report of the Darfur activists with President Bush and updates on the GLOBAL DAYS FOR DARFUR, April 23 – 30, 2007. www.savedarfur.org/globaldays

And thanks to Ioan for allowing us this wonderful site. I am

so

very

sad

that it is coming to a close.

We can’t live our lives to please others.

We can only live our lives with integrity

and keep our faith in the goodness innate in our spirits.

I wish you all the best of life.

And for Ioan and Alice I wish the most beautiful wedding and continued happiness and contentment.

I wanted to say my thanks.

http://ilovemylifebrothersandsisters.blogspot.com/

ilovemylife

Sandra Hammel

Rhode Island, USA

April, blessings...

<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:< After reading so many heartfelt expressions - yours rang fresh, true and even made me laugh at your witty humor. Before tonight, I had posted once only I believe it was...but yes, I think the Pledge is a grand idea. I don't know what caused this - but I gather something was said by some or someone that was unkind about Alice, Ioan's love. I suppose all the celebrities who have sued the tabloids for "certain words" would understand someone who is funding a "place of words" to withdraw his money if it hurt the one person in the world that meant the world to him. I suppose that could be perceived differently by different hearts and minds just as everything in life tends to actualize out - but in the end if one has to make a decision regarding the people we personally love on a day to day basis - or our career and that career's fan base, then I suppose a man of integrity and in love would do what the song "When A Man Loves A Woman" says. *see below

Tough act.

Still all in all this has to be the best fan and actor's website ever. It has certainly helped promote Ioan Gruffudd's career. I will miss it very much.

Thank you, April for all of your heart and soul. This is a work of heart.

<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<: <:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:

A "Dear Ioan and Alice" letter for all eyes to see

Dear Ioan and Alice,

Whatever has been said or done that has been hurtful, I am in the dark about. I have read this farewell blog at www.ioanonline.com and what I have noticed is that there is angst, emotional pain and a "feeling" that someone has died, but I have also noticed something else. Something to take notice of, acknowledge, draw inspiration from and find reason to celebrate.

There are lovely tributes to April and the others named by the "more qualified" than me to bring names forward. And, also, what I have noticed is the beautiful poetry, song texts and personal expressions that obviously come from the posters’ life experiences, but also it has come because we all came here in search of knowing more about Ioan Gruffudd. A young man from Cardiff, Wales. I didn’t know where exactly Wales or Cardiff was before. But I do now. I know that Ioan isn’t said ee-ehn. I know that Welsh is a beautiful language because I have heard you and Matthew Rhys speak it on a clip of a documentary film I found through this wonderful and resourceful “work of heart” called www.ioanonline.com.

Your God-given spirit and gifts have triggered our God-given spirits and gifts. We inspire one another. Bad stuff aside, there is beauty expressed here on this thread. There is a humanity showing strong, gentleness is in many of these posts, sincerity and love is here for you and for Alice. Yes, I know that we don’t all share the same feelings, thoughts, words and experiences with what has apparently happened as of late. Personally, I haven’t been involved. But I have loved this site for all the wonderful support it has given you and therefore, been a rich resource for me and my use on my blog.

I hope we, each one, can notice the beauty being expressed here for you. And for Alice by many. We are all one humanity, one blood and of the same Great Spirit. Words can cut, sting and cause deeper pain than the slash of a knife. I know that. However, let us not miss the genuine love for you that is being outpoured here. Many of us are coming “out of the woodwork” because we are stunned that this place is going to be gone so very soon. I personally feel like someone died in my family. Forgive me for my sense of humor…Maybe a second cousin that I always loved from a distance, but nonetheless, I feel like I am mourning.

I have an entire folder filled with quotes on napkins and paper towels written down in the dark of the 15 times that I saw Amazing Grace, but I feel a little fragile right now and don’t feel like digging out the lines you say, but there is a place in the movie where you, as William Wilberforce, are speaking to the House of Commons MPs pleading in a way for their humanity to come up out of the recesses of their hearts. You are saying that you believe that they all are good people, with good hearts, with humanity. But while Wilber is saying this, he is being shouted down by his peers.

Your loved one, Alice, is precious to you and you have every right and are right to stand by her to show your valiant respect for her. I don’t speak for all, but certainly for my deeply felt emotions and philosophy. And just like Wilber I believe we are all good people in the end. (Well, maybe not Osama bin Laden…again forgive my sense of humor.) We all find ourselves with soft places in our hearts. We all have compassion. All should stand by with courage and integrity - the ones we love .

Along the way, somehow we human beings can make mistakes, we mess things up. We get tangled up. I offer you my olive branch. If I could I would…make amends. I just don’t know how.

I don’t say any of this to point fingers at anyone. I’m just sad... for all. Yes, I will miss the wonderful gift called www.ioanonline.com but my feelings or honor haven’t been hurt. I’m an outsider in this sense. But I feel pain through empathy. And I would like to begin some healing.


I love the spirit that I see in you, Ioan Gruffudd. I appreciate your gifts that you publicly share with us. I respect your privacy and your intimate life.

And I thank all of those who have created this site that we are preparing to say good-by to.

I love the arts. They have been a blessing to me my whole life. Long live the humanity that we get to see in the arts, in theatre, in acting, music, poetry, dance, in art. Long live our human hearts.

I wish you Ioan and Alice the best of life...happiness, contentment, full hearts.

If I could I would hug each one. You, Alice. And also those others who need to heal. "There is one sure way to remind a child of their connection to life and other human beings and that they are important and valuable...it's called a hug." Lauren Munger
I believe this remains true for children no matter our age.

Healing be yours,

Sandra Hammel
online known as ilovemylife
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, USA
http://ilovemylifebrothersandsisters. blogspot.com/
www.savedarfur.org
www.genocideintervention.net

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>: >:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>
>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

"There's a chance Peace Will Come in your life
Please buy one..." Melanie Safka

"DO NOT KILL ME
before you search my eyes
before you see through me
and I through you
for a place to be…"
Joseph Pintauro


"Without You" by Mariah Carey

“If nearness kills love what hope is there for humanity?” Sudborough

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>
>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>: >:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

Pictures to be found until April 30, 2007:

http://www.ioanonline.com/index.php?set_albumName=album20&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;id=aioan0702578_a_002&name=gallery&include=view_photo.php

<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<: <:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:

* WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN

When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For a good thing he's found
If she is bad, he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he puts her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Trying to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comforts
And sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way
It ought to be

When a man loves a woman
I give you everything I've got (yeah)
Trying to hold on
To your precious love
Baby please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Deep down in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she is playing him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Loving eyes can never see

Yes when a man loves a woman
I now exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby
I am a man …
When a man loves a woman…

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home