<body>

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I THINK OF YOU - JOHANNA

My friend lost her father this week. And this post includes a video I made for her and this time of sadness for her. Light a candel for your dad or someone else's dad

From Kahlil Gibran's

On Beauty

Beauty is life when life unveils her holy face.
But you are life and you are the veil.
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
But you are eternity and you are the mirror.

Read it in full
...............................................................

...............................................................
John Gorka sings I Think of You
Especially for Johanna. Johanna has helped me get to know Heath Ledger and his work. She introduced me to Heath's Conor of the Roar Series.

In this video is a clip of Johanna's favorite movie of Heath's - Candy and also a bit of my favorite, The Four Feathers, as well as a clip of the Sweet Bright episode of Roar (or so it is titled on my dvd - I think it should be titled Sweet Bridget) and pictures of Brokeback Mountain, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Heath's final film) and The Patriot.

Youtube has made this video a "featured video" under two categories as of today: ilovemylife and Heath Ledger.

Johanna has become my friend. June 1st was an important day to her and this video is a tribute to her and this important day when her father passed away.

This is best watched at youtube, where you can select to watch it in the size of your screen. (Lower right corner of yt video - the four cornered arrows....just click on that.)

Used in this video: Candy, Roar, The Four Feathers and also pictures from The Patriot, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and Brokeback Mountain.

I encourage supporting John Gorka who graciously said "yes" when I asked him if I could use his music on my youtube videos. johngorka.com
His music is also available at itunes and amazon.


Lyrics

I look to see the wildflowers blooming and wonder why they seem so plain
Springtime rides all the brown hills over, young birds sing in the silver rain
I think of you as the night rolls by,
you’re on my mind the whole night through

Far away in a lonesome city, all the time you’re gone, I think of you
And when my world has turned to sunlight,
and the dust clouds stand in the summer sky
I’ll number all the climbing roses, watch to see the milkweed fly
I think of you as the night rolls by,
you’re on my mind the whole night through

Far away in a lonesome city, all the time you’re gone, I think of you
And when I hear the soft wind moaning,
like an angel’s voice from a far-off shore
My days slip by like light snow falling,
or dry brown leaves blown by my door
I think of you as the night rolls by,
you’re on my mind the whole night through
Far away in a lonesome city, all the time you’re gone, I think of you


Previous posts about my dad's death

Though-my-dad-died-he-lives-on

My-last-good-by-to-my-dad-and-my-red-sled

Because-of-my-dad-i-know-i-have-known-what-loves-feel-like
This post has a note to and from the nurse who helped me speak to my father the day that he died.

..........................................................

..........................................................
Dance
Thank you, Tina, for making this public again.
Uploaded by stillmissheath2

..........................................................

..........................................................
How I Got Over
Mahalia Jackson
The video quality needs to be overlooked - but this is great, nevermind the flaws in the video.
Uploaded by elfeco

My dad loved this kind of music. And so do I. We had Mahalia's LP and I loved playing it on the record player when I was young. I bought Mahalia's music on cd and it still affects me, today. I was singing along with this song in the car yesterday...one great car ride on a beautiful ride over the Newport-Pell Bridge over Narragansett Bay here in Rhode Island.

A click on the post title will take you Kahlil Gibran's Friendship

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 4, 2010 at 7:12:00 AM EDT , Blogger jopicca said...

Dear Sandra, thank you so much for your help in these difficult days - with your comforting words, your love and your friendship!
And thank you for this wonderful video you've made for me.
It touched me deeply.

I send you my love,
Jo

 
At June 5, 2010 at 2:21:00 AM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Johanna ~ you are an inspiration to me. And doing this video for you was just something that was natural to want to do for you. Love is moving both ways ~ Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home