<body>

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HE RODE LIFE LIKE THE WIND ~ FOREVER LOCKED IN HIS LIGHT a poem for HEATH LEDGER by SANDRA HAMMEL

One of my favorite pictures of Heath
Somewhere I have the information of the person who shot this.
But at the moment I have to get to practicing piano and singing,
so I have not the time to look it up.
Apologies to the photographer.

Click the post title to see Heath flying a plane.

....................................................................................................

Sweet Bright episode of Roar

A favorite scene from a favorite episode of mine

starring a very young Heath Ledger

Uploaded by ; ) lparker0


Poem written by Sandra Hammel ~


He Didn’t Know


He was a young man with a dream


Not wanting to wait for life to pass him by


without trying that dream,


He drove off across Australia,


He rode life like the wind


and added joy to the universe,


opened hearts,


brought total strangers together


through the power of what we saw in his eyes …


On the screen, big or small,


it worked…


A slight movement of the head, a wrinkle in a look,


The way he took a woman’s hand and cocooned it in his,


The rhythm of his walk,


Creating his characters from the inside first,


trusting the outside would take care of itself.


We fell in love.


And he didn’t know.


He didn’t know the sway he had.


He didn’t perceive what he had done to us


never to be undone.


Forever locked in his light


I can only say “Thank you” and dance like Heath did.


That is what I can do.


To pass on what he gave to me.


Here is what I know ~


The power of the shared need to feel connected to our own souls


and reaching out to the big Soul of the Universe ~


Heath was and continues to be a catalyst for this connection,


for what is good.


He embodied the spirit that we all share.


And I am so grateful


to have been here while he was here in body.


But I also know this ~


His spirit is alive.


It is alive in me.


And it is alive in you.


I talk to him,


I sing for him,


I sing for me, too.


I dance the dance of life


And I know that is what Heath did so well,


DaNcE LIFE


And what continues to make me want to feel him,


To be connected to him


Is that I feel more me,


more alive,


more hopeful


about who we are.


And what we can do.


Now.

Today.


Every day, Heath ~ Thank you.


~


Dedicated to my friend Johanna


and inspired by Tina's video Heath ~ I Hope You Dance


Written by Sandra Hammel 4:32 p.m. USA EST ~ May 18, 2010, Tuesday

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2010 at 4:00:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Sandra.
.... thank you for sharing your love...
... mutchi

 
At May 21, 2010 at 10:48:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Thank you, Mutchi. The words just starting coming and this came out. I love to write. Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home