<body>

Sunday, January 24, 2010

PLEASE TOUCH

Sometimes I post a video I love more than once and then sometimes, like this one, I love and I don't think I have ever posted here.

I just love the music and the words....this is wonderful.

........................................................................
........................................................................

by prissson from Bulgaria
Feelings of
melancholy
vulnerability
sadness
sensitivity
. . . I carry your heart in my heart

Lyrics to the song

I'm There Too

I see myself in you
In everything you do
And when you’re all alone at night
You know I am by your side
Cause I’m there too

I see me in your eyes
And I’m tears you cry
And when you fall apart
And are dying from a broken heart
I’m there too

I see your footsteps in the sand
As you journey on across this land
But if you should fall on your way
Then I will carry you that day
Cause I’m there
I’m there too
Yeah I’m there too

I see your face in mine
And I know there’ll come a time
When you will take my hand
And I will understand
That you’re there too

When you will take my hand
And I will understand
That you’re there
You’re there too

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

IF YOU go away

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

I'm not sure why I thought of this text from a book that I love. The first part is what came to me, then when I found that I had posted this March 3, 2007 at life-to-look-back-on-with-its-fun-pain and then I thought it is too good to not post all of it.


"Once we believe in ourselves . . .

we can risk

curiosity . . .

wonder . . .

. . . and spontaneous delight

or any experience

that reveals

the human spirit.

Opening up

a way

of touching . . .

and judging:

Hills can be obstacles or glorious delight.


When a child asks about God,
what God do we name?

Someone 'up there' . . . ?
an invisible person . . . ?

Why not answer with
the experience of love
wonder
creativity
that invites children
to discover something new
in themselves
for
whatever opens us
to become more human
is flesh
of the God we can know.

. . . . . . Instead of asking:
'How should I pray?'
we should ask:
'How can I grow?'
How do I touch
what is most real in myself
and others -

That something
which ties us into the world
and life?

How do we open out
to a sight
a touch
a whisper of joy
up
and
down
the spine -

Drawing these
into our faith-experience
of God-with-us?

Why not let life itself
teach us how to pray?

Developing a 'feel for life'
is
developing a 'feel for God.'

. . . . . . God touches us
in the same way that the world
and other people
touch us -

Calling,

inviting us

to become more open,

to become more human.

If we answer with all that we are -

and hope to be -

then to live

is to live in faith

that we have found
and
are
at one
with
an incarnate God.

The meadow is not God
you are not God
the patterned morning freshness is not God.

BUT
to
O P E N ... Y O U R S E L F

to meadow and morning,

to what is before you

is to find Emmanuel, to know God-with-us

as
life
in
the
moment.

We know this
in moments of beauty. . . "

from the book "Please Touch"
by Edwin M. McMahon and Peter A. Campbell


Terrific, isn't it?


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home