<body>

Monday, December 21, 2009

IRRESISTIBLE BEAUTY ON SNOW - TRUE COLORS - EVA CASSDIY

.........................................................

.........................................................

To see it in a big screen, click the video's tiny rectangle shape - it's the second from the lower right corner.

Uploaded by ilovemylifesblog

One of many views of Sanibel Island's beaches

Someone posted going over Sanibel Island's $6 bridge

Seashells on Sanibel Island

From my youtube sidebar - with some added bits:

Through the night of December 19, through December 20, 2009, we had our first snow storm of the season. It was a doozy, otherwise called a nor'easter.

If you are inspired to come to Rhode Island: www.gonewport.com

My favorite time of the year is May when everything blooms. In my yard it starts with the crocus and just keeps blooming one thing after another. A glorious time of the year. But then, the autumn is also very beautiful....and if you can stand some humidity and heat, the summer is the time for many cultural events. Yes, on Aquidneck Island we have most of our cultural events in the summer. And winter....well, if it weren't for the shoveling, I wouldn't mind it.

This video includes such old movies that they were silent. The years were around 1956 - 1957. The house is where I was born....not in a hospital. The woods across the street from our house - the street where we are pulling the sled is no longer there. Huntington College (now called University) got the land from my dad and made it into a lake. That red sled was painted red by my father and has my name painted on the center slat. I have it in my family room by the Christmas tree. We walked a mile to school, a mile to and from the John Tipton School for lunch and back home again. My dad went to the same elementary school and had the same first grade teacher that I did. It has since been torn down.

I don't expect to get many viewers for this video upload. But it was fun just because I enjoy making videos.

It was a break from the video that is taking a month to make for Darfur.

Have a great Christmas if you celebrate it and, if not, I hope you are healthy and happy. If not, I wish you a better year ahead.

Please, support artists who don't ban use on Youtube.

Cyndi Lauper's True Colors is sung on this video by Eva Cassidy

Lyrics

You with the sad eyes
don't be discouraged
oh I realize
it's hard to take courage
in a world full of people
you can lose sight of it all
and the darkness inside you
can make you fell so small

But I see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow

Show me a smile then
don't be unhappy, can't remember
when I last saw you laughing
if this world makes you crazy
and you've taken all you can bear
you call me up
because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow.

...........................................................

...........................................................
Just couldn't resist.

So, since I stayed up, until the sun was irresistible beauty on snow- I have photos here of the nor'easter snow blizzard from 7:30 a.m. and again at 8:00 a.m. of this Monday morning of December 21, 2009 - Winter Solstice.

Winter officially begins on this shortest day of the year - December 21, except on some years when it is on December 22. Solstice means the sun stands still. The winter solstice is the day when the midday sun is at its lowest point above the horizon.


Winter Solstice officially begins at 12:47 pm EST (1747 GMT) when at that exact moment, the earth’s axial tilt puts it the fartherest from the sun.

Today, the shortest day of the year, is followed by the longest night of the year, meaning that it will be getting darker earlier tonight and getting lighter later than normal tomorrow morning.

The days begin getting longer again.


Read more about it:
ww.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice

...........................................................

...........................................................
My son - fourth year of five year engineering degree in Boston
Christmas break
December 19, 2009

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home