<body>

Friday, December 4, 2009

ROAR - TV SERIES - a MUST SEE - oh... HEATH IS MISSED

Heath Ledger as Connor in Roar

I am watching the tv series Roar that was made available on DVD in the year of 2006. I only discovered it through Heath Ledger lover-of-his-work-and-person...jopicca. I am sorry, Johanna, I don't know how to describe you....if you have a description that better suits you, please let me know and I'll edit this paragraph!

Here is the video of
Channel Icon
that brought me to Heath in Roar . . .

........................................................................

........................................................................
Uploaded by jopicca
Johanna's Heath Ledger channel at youtube

I was watching the
Tash episode and at the end I was simply immersed in the beauty of the scene with Heath's Connor and Vera Farmiga's Caitlin. Heath is so Heath in this scene. You just fall in love with him. Again...if you already love him. He was so very young . Just 18 years old. (Birth April 4, 1979.)

........................................................................

........................................................................
At 5:40 - to the end - is just soul-breath-taking.
Get ready . . .
Part 4 of the 4 uploads of Tash on youtube
Uploaded by lostwithoutme

The ending is so elevating and yet deeply moving all at the same time.

The Loreena McKennitt Music

The music wasn't credited at the end, as happens in movies. So I did a google search and found it was Loreena McKennitt. Now, I
know, Johanna. I understand the power of this music that you introduced to me. This music is what you put on your lovely Roar and Heath tribute youtube video, posted November 25, 2009 (top video of this post). Now, I understand even more. I was telling someone yesterday about your video, Johanna, and the music that made your video so special for me. I hadn't heard Loreena McKennitt on the other Roar episodes that I am progressing through. Then, the ending of the Tash episode. nn...n...nnnn...just delicious for the soul.

The more I learn of Heath and see his work ~ I am just so in awe. So truly sad he is no longer here to enjoy as a fellow human being. What a gift. Such a willing soul to show us his soul. You can see the depth of Heath, but it is more subtle in
Roar. They were so fortunate to have Heath star in Roar. Every time I begin an episode, I wait for it....

Heath Ledger

as the first name shown on screen.

For some reason, it is a nice feeling to see his name there, upfront - knowing he was just starting out on his acting path. It must have been so cool for him.

And what I
just love, more than other works of his, that I have so enjoyed him in, is that the Roar directors' gave us such tight shots on Heath's face. Just brilliant and so right to do.

And
why not?

A face worth a series all by itself.

........................................................................

........................................................................
Episode 1 -the Pilot of
Roar - 1 of 4 parts uploaded on youtube
Uploaded by prissson

Original USA air dates:

Episode 1
July 14, 1997
Roar pilot

Episode 2
July 21, 1997
Projector

Episode 3
July 28, 1997
The Chosen

Episode 4
August 4, 1997
Banshee

Episode 5
August 11, 1997
Doyle's Solution

Episode 6
August 18, 1997
Red Boot

Episode 7
August 25, 1997
The Spear of Destiny

Episode 8
September 1, 1997
The Eternal

USA's Fox stopped airing Roar (a modest fan site)
  • While the original airing of the show ~ North America did not broadcast all of the episodes, when syndicated to Australia, Canada and the UK, all episodes were aired.
  • Roar: The Complete Series was released on DVD on September 19, 2006. The 3-disc set includes all thirteen episodes, even those which were never aired in the United States.
It is amazing that US TV is so stupid, so often.

Episodes 9 through 13

9...
Tash
10..
Traps
11
..Daybreak
12..
The Cage

13..
Sweet Bridget (DVD must refer to this as Sweet Bright)
May 28, 2000

Heath Ledger as Connor in Roar

Roar
Connor's inner circle of
Roar friends and family


Heath from the Bruce Weber photo series for "Vanity Fair" 2000
See all 15 beautiful photos of Heath from
Vanity Fair

UPDATE:
Thanks to Johanna for the correct information about the above picture and for helping me with my proofreading. McKennitt is the correct spelling.
I hope I caught all my misspellings of Loreena's last name.

Favorite shows of mine over time have all been canceled and picked up by another country or channel.
Due South
by duesouthvideos

I'll Fly Away


I'll Fly Away at imdb


I'll Fly Away - Cast, Trivia, Awards

I digress.

........................................................................

........................................................................
Loreena McKennitt singing Full Circle
The song used at the end of the Tash episode
Uploaded by Cyrkus

Full Circle - Lyrics


Loreena McKennitt


Stars were falling deep in the darkness

as prayers rose softly, petals at dawn

And as I listened, your voice seemed so clear

so calmly you were calling your god


Somewhere the sun rose, o'er dunes in the desert

such was the stillness, I ne'er felt before

Was this the question, pulling, pulling, pulling you

in your heart, in your soul, did you find rest there?


Elsewhere a snowfall, the first in the winter

covered the ground as the bells filled the air

You in your robes sang, calling, calling, calling him

in your heart, in your soul, did you find peace there?


Links about Loreena McKennitt - Music used in
Roar
Loreena
Loreena - small things

Roar is an American television show that originally aired on the Fox network in the summer of 1997. In the year AD 400, a young Irish man, Conor (played by Heath Ledger), sets out to rid his land of the invading Romans, but in order to accomplish it, he must unite the Celtic clans.

Roar on wikipedia.org
........................................................................


........................................................................
Tribute to
Roar - Song: Dust in The Wind by Kansas
Uploaded by prissson
Double click the videos and go to youtube to view in bigger screen of 640 X 505.

You can buy
Roar here for Region 1 for the USA. It is worth the $29.99.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help us get The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus in our local theatres in the USA. It is our last chance to see Heath on screen in a new film. Don't let us be left out. Go to this link to DEMAND IT: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus


From the Support site for
The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus:

Tuesday, December 01st, 2009 | Author: Administrator

There will be an important Dr. Parnassus fan brainstorming chat in our chatroom this Saturday, December 5, 2009 at 10 a.m. Los Angeles Time and 6:00 p.m. London Time. Even if Dr. Parnassus has played in your country, please, it is important that you attend this chat if you can. You can find the time in your country that the chat will take place here at the WORLD CLOCK. We have tried to choose a time that will work for as many countries as possible.

Please be there, you won’t be sorry. There’s much to be shared with you about the film and what’s what with it.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR CHAT ROOM

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

By clicking on the post title, it will take you to a wonderful article about the making of King Rat - a video about saving the whales which was conceived and created by Heath.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENOCIDE IS NOT OKAY

USE YOUR VOICE
TO CALL UPON OUR LEADERS
TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT
ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS VERY WRONG

standnow.org
www.savedarfur.org
whilewewaitsudan.blogspot.com

www.henryjacksonsociety.org/stories


Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 5, 2009 at 10:02:00 AM EST , Blogger jopicca said...

Hi Sandra,
"Heath Ledger lover-of-his-work-and-person" - thank you for this name, it is the right description!
"A face worth a series all by itself" - that is so true. You cannot take your eyes from that face, from those eyes. You can't get enough.
But what could I say more than you?
I'm so happy to own the DVD now, in Europe it was very difficult to get it.
And the music of Loreena McKennit is magic. So it fits perfect the pictures of Heath.
Johanna

 
At December 7, 2009 at 3:51:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

I saw that amazon didn't have a Region 2 of Roar when I checked a few days ago....so I can imagine how patient one has to be to purchase Roar in Region 2.

Yes, the music...mmmm...music makes so much difference. I can tell that even more since making youtube videos. The right music is so very important. And Loreena McKennet's is heart-grabbing.

The most beautiful face is Heath's and I am so delighted for the clothing that he wears in Roar...it lets us enjoy other parts of Heath.

 
At May 17, 2010 at 4:09:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Andreav said...

Hello! I´m from Argentina and I found this Blog because I´m a huge fan of Heath and Roar. Well Heath took me to watch "Roar". I think this serie is amazing, and like what he wears like you said, jeje....Heath has everything to me, the most beautiful face, body, voice, everything. I love him, and I will always do. I like to make friends that feel the same as me. Because not so many people know "Roar". I love the episode: "Doyle´s solution" and "Red Boot". But all Roar is great to see and see Heath, his body,and everything. I can´t describe what I feel for him. I´d like to know how can I find the Music from Roar (by Jon Ehrlich), because I can´t find it. Do you know the song´s names??
This is my Blog, dedicated to Heath
www.heath-ledgerblog.blogspot.com
I hope you write me.
my mail is: andreavpatrucco@hotmail.com
Bye for now
Andrea

 
At May 17, 2010 at 7:04:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Andreav,

I sent you an email. Unfortunately I spelled your name incorrectly on it. Thank you for stopping by. Heath-United are we.

Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home