<body>

Thursday, November 26, 2009

THIS IS THE BEST TRIBUTE TO HEATH LEDGER I HAVE EVER SEEN

The text below was written on Shekhar Kapur's blog a long while ago, as a comment to his post on Heath Ledger. By clicking on Shekhar's name below, you may go there and read others' love, affection and strong bond with Heath.

Some are born with a gift to shine a light for the rest of us to touch, connect to and receive their radiant beauty. Heath was one.

I love “The Four Feathers”...I just discovered it recently. I am moved by it and specially so by Heath in it.

"...And these for whom life has no repose, live at times in their rare moments of happiness with such strength and indescribable beauty, the spray of their moment's happiness is flung so high and dazzingly over the wide sea of suffering, that the light of it, spreading its radiance, touches others too with its enchantment..." Hemann Hesse STEPPENWOLF I love this quote and use it as a tribute to those like Heath who transcend the average and lift us up where our souls belong.

Some can move us for all time in just moments. Heath is one. In vital ways, he remains with us. A gift from Life and for our souls. Enriched by seeing in him, our own selves. We are all just a part of the whole of Life. Something about what Heath was able to present turned on a vibrancy in our own inner glow and light. He makes me feel more alive still. Sadness is there, too. But death doesn't end our feelings or relationships with those whose mortal bodies no longer inhale and exhale.

We are blessed by having lived when Heath was here.

Thank you, Shekhar for bringing us “The Four Feathers”. It stays with me. And in this transient world, that is an act of grace. I am grateful for the arts. For in them we humans can radiate and share our best selves.

Sandra Hammel


......................................................

......................................................
Heath, never one to be afraid of who he was inside and fearless to show it on the outside ~ in or out of a character. That is what I think draws me to him. That integrity.

This is the most beautiful tribute I have seen of Heath Ledger.

Hollywood's people could not do a better, more fitting tribute to Heath than jopicca






This is what I wrote in those little comment boxes at youtube...I used three windows:

Well.

Jo

This will be more than one window here in this "character limited" space at "our" youtube.

I came here from mimccd - Carla's channel page, seeing she had commented here and not knowing it was you.
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Those are my stars for your beloved Heath-soul-inspired video of our Soul-Full Heath in Roar.

I felt I was having a holy experience, experiencing this work of art.

A sacred place ~ maybe the sacred place Heath is right now ~ that is where I felt I was..

I could not take my eyes from his eyes.

I have never seen this...but I cannot imagine that anyone could have done a more beautiful work than you, Johanna.

I mean no offense to anyone else who loves Heath and does work here at Youtube in his honor ~ but you, Johanna, have done all of us a wondrous thing...this is beauty before us. You have lifted us up to where we belong. And Heath would be proud to call you friend.

The way you present this reveals the richness of your soul ....

A gift you have given to us. And we all need this to soothe our grieving souls. To mourn all these many months after his mortal body continues in immortality is a wondrous and mournful thing to me. That we could be present in this life when he was also here gives me deep gratitude.

I am moved.

Music is my refuge. And this music grows out of the depths of who we are.

So, I say I am lifted up. Lifted up with a tired body, past time to be asleep, but wanting to watch this again and again.

I just had to post this before going to put my head on my pillow, though it is hours after I had hoped to be asleep.

Sometimes, creativity and its power to move me takes me over and has The Power. The Force of Life pulling me to it.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it. If you don't, have a blessed day.

Much love,

Sandra

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 26, 2009 at 10:49:00 AM EST , Blogger jopicca said...

Dear Sandra, a Happy Thanksgiving for you!
I don't celebrate it, but my day is lighted up when I read your wonderful words about Heath again.
I'm infinitely grateful for the things that I've explored through Heath, what I can see and feel through him. - So you do and so many other people. People from all around the world he brought together to communicate and share their thoughts and feelings.
He is alive in our spirit and will be.
Kisses and hugs
Jo

 
At November 26, 2009 at 4:41:00 PM EST , Blogger carla said...

I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but on this day, i say thanks for the peace that you brought me. A week ago I could not understand how it could be so connected to someone without knowing. Today I understand and accept the bond!

I am much happier to have met people how like me admire the light that shines from Heath.

 
At November 29, 2009 at 1:14:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Jo,

Yes, Heath is still in our hearts and certainly, we find an inspiration to explore and create. For this we can be grateful. And for the friendships that he is the catalyst for.

We are bound by our love...the love we are given to give...

Love never dies...

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your "footprint" here.

Sandra

 
At November 29, 2009 at 1:18:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Carla,

It is a blessing that we can be present for one another. It makes our days brighter and our nights cozier.

We'll keep the light shining on...

It always pleases me to find you are coming here and leaving your "footprint" as well.

Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home