<body>

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THANKS TO RACHEL MADDOW FOR SPOTLIGHTING THE UGLY BEHAVIOR TOWARD PRESIDENT OBAMA by USA CITIZENS - "TRAWLING FOR ASSASSINS"

TO USA CITIZENS

DOMESTIC BIGOTS ARE NO BETTER
THAN FOREIGN TERRORISTS


I have plans to write another letter to President Obama, expressing my feeling of being let down by his not matching his words and actions since President to before he was President - regarding genocide and the extreme situation for the Darfuris and southern Sudan.

Then I saw this on television tonight:

...............................................................

...............................................................
I agree with the message in this video.


I still will write my letter to President Obama, but I will keep in mind that I must write with the respect that he merits, while reserving no truths from being expressed from my heart.

This ugly head rearing of racism in this country has been going strong towards Barack Obama since his Presidential campaign started. And it is not lessening, but getting bolder and bolder.

It is blatant. It needs more attention that the Rachel Maddow show, but thanks to her for doing what she can.

...............................................................


...............................................................
Strange Fruit sung by Billie Holiday.
This video uploaded by MonsieurBaudelaire

Text from the same song of BedsUniversity at Youtube:

As a child brought up in financially impoverished community, the artist remembers creating makeshift toys from the discarded items of others; old tyres being a particular favourite. Often such items were decorated in an attempt to personalise them.

In many cultures the "tyre swing", is associated with childhood memories of play, often being found in woodland clearings or near water.

The upheavals in 1980-90's South Africa witnessed the establishment of the 'tyre necklace', a punishment which involves placing a tyre soaked in petrol around the victim's neck and setting it alight.

These things, amongst others, inform the making of this work. The title of the piece and soundtrack references a dark period in American History.

"Strange Fruit" is a song most famously performed by Billie Holiday that condemns American racism, particularly the practice of lynching and burning African Americans that was prevalent in the South at the time when it was written.

In her autobiography Lady Sings the Blues, Billie Holiday suggests that she, together with Lewis Allan, her accompanist Sonny White and arranger Danny Mendelsohn put the poem, written by Abel Meeropol, to music.

The "strange fruit" referred to in the lyrics are the bodies of African American men hanged during a lynching. They contrast the pastoral scenes of the South with the ugliness of racist violence. The lyrics were so chilling that Holiday later said "The first time I sang it, I thought it was a mistake. There wasn't even a patter of applause when I finished. Then a lone person began to clap nervously. Then suddenly everyone was clapping."

Lyrics of Strange Fruit

Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin' in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolia, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is the fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the tree to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

Project work by 2006 graduate Terry Massiah.

I am not what I consider a religious person. But I do consider myself a deeply spiritual person and one who tries to live with love and compassion for myself and for others. So, it is rare I quote Bible scriptures, but here I have included a passage:

Matthew 7 - Jesus speaks here
A Tree and Its Fruit
15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

The Wise and Foolish Builders
24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Wikipedia includes this topic -Racism_in_the_United_States

There are regular radio and television commentators who would not be unhappy if President Obama was assassinated. Some have been routinely using rhetoric to incite and inflame such an idea.

What is Happening in the USA is Directly Related
to the 1994 Genocide Against the Tutsis in Rwanda

The radio was majorly used as an instrument to incite neighbors to use garden tools and 10 cent Chinese machetes to kill approximately one million human beings in 100 days. See the Media Propaganda section for basic information on this issue: wikipedia Rwandan_Genocide

Here are the first and second sentences from the section:

Media propaganda

According to recent commentators the news media played a crucial role in the genocide: local print and radio media fueled the killings, while the international media either ignored or seriously misconstrued events on the ground.[9] The print media in Rwanda is believed to have started hate speech against Tutsis which was later continued by radio stations.

[9]
  1. ^ http://www.comminit.com/en/node/189378/36
My first letter to President Obama is read in this video:


...............................................................


...............................................................

Dear President Obama - A Letter Sent March 12, 2009
Uploaded by ilovemylifesblog

When I was set up to receive comments on this video, I received comments that were self-absorbed at best. I was told I would never receive a response by one poster.

I received a reply July 25, 2009 and two more replies to more of my letters. I have sent several letters regarding Darfur and his inaction. I am sure any more of my letters will simply reap the same letter in response, as I have three copies of this letter so far. Two from USPS, addressed to Dear Friend. One of those with an envelope with my name and address typed on it and the latest with my name and address handwritten on the envelope. In the email response to my email letter to him, the response greeting included my actual name, not "Dear Friend". All of the letters are the same text.

The first letter of response from President Obama:


Click to enlarge
Any bigoted comments will be deleted.
As explained in an earlier post, this is my home online
and just like in my virtual home,
I don't allow bigoted comments.

I figure if you want to express yourself anyway you want,
you can do it on your own blog.

Just not here.

Shalom.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home