<body>

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I HAD A BALL TONIGHT IN MY LITTLE HOMETOWN

CELEBRATE LIFE WHERE YOU FIND IT

Kinobe singing
.......................................................

.......................................................
Kinobe & Soul Beat Africa ~ a musical ensemble from Uganda
perform
Butiko
Uploaded by kinobeherbert

As I say in my
About Me section on my sidebar: I love my life and I love where I live. And I am passionate about my passions.

I live in Rhode Island. And I love music and dance. And tonight in my little town in the Common Fence Point section I went to a concert that was fantastic.

I love this kind of music from the start. And this band is very talented on their instruments, which include Ugandan instruments.

And they are cute, too.
.......................................................

.......................................................
Kinobe & Soul Beat Africa ~ a musical ensemble from Uganda
perform
Malijja
Uploaded by kinobeherbert

.......................................................

.......................................................
Kinobe & Soul Beat Africa ~ a musical ensemble from Uganda
perform
Lusejjera
Uploaded by kinobeherbert

Thanks to Tom Perrotti, musical director of Common Fence Music who puts the entire concert schedule together and presents us with this little gem of an experience every year. It is ten minutes away. You can bring a picnic basket of food and wine. Many bring tablecloths and candles. It is a very unpretentious place... just a room with folding metal chairs placed at long tables, a little stage and darkness. Volunteers help set up and break it down.

Tonight was an off-and-on rainy night, and I am quite certain that weather kept some people home. Too bad, for two reasons: 1) this band deserved a full house and 2) those who let the weather keep them from venturing out missed a really outstanding evening of grrreat rhythm and music.

From the first song's beginning I was mesmerized. I just closed my eyes and let the music enter my body and spirit. Within in two songs I left my seat for the back of the room and danced with one other person there. Until the end when about 20 people joined us.

I just can't stay seated when music makes me want to move.

The members of the band signed my CD. They head for a concert in Montreal, Canada tomorrow. Then off to Maine's Unity College. Here is their website: www.kinobemusic.com And here is their channel on Youtube: Kinobe Herbert

Tonight, was just
so
much
fun!!


And so simple....right here in my little town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Uganda



Pictures of Uganda

More pictures of Uganda

Uganda in Pictures from the BBC - Uganda's Changing Climate

March to raise awareness of conflicts in Northern Uganda, Sudan and Congo to be held in Regina

REGINA — Students from Notre Dame College in Wilcox and other Regina volunteers will take part in a peaceful march Saturday morning in downtown Regina to raise awareness of the conflicts in Northern Uganda, Sudan and the Congo.

“We want to bring awareness to the fact the conflict has shifted into the eastern Congo and raise funds for northern Uganda for a Gulu Cultural Centre that the GuluWalk Foundation is going to be building,’’ said organizer Joshua Campbell, who spent a year teaching in Uganda in 2006.

“Now that there is more peace and stability in the region, they can actually get involved in building centres for sports, and arts and help the youth out there.’’

Campbell said meeting former child soldiers and hearing their stories is probably the thing that impacted him most and motivated him to continue participating in the GuluWalk, He participated in his first walk in Calgary in 2005.

For more than 22 years, the people of northern Uganda have endured a war between the rebel Lord’s Resistance Army and the government of Uganda.

Nearly two million people have been forced into displacement camps that lack even the most basic of services, and tens of thousands of children have been abducted and forced to fight as soldiers or act as rebel wives and sex slaves, according to information released by the walk organizers.

Peace negotiations currently being hosted by the government of South Sudan have brought new hope to achieve an end to the war. However, a significant investment is needed to help facilitate the return of displaced citizens to their homes of origin.

The GuluWalk in Regina, which starts at 10:30 a.m. at the Victoria Park cenotaph, is one of 98 taking place in 15 countries around the world.

Participants are also encouraged to lobby the federal and provincial governments to increase financial aid and diplomatic resources to support the peace process.


Click my post's title to go to African News links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Youtube Channel
ilovemylifesblog

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home