<body>

Sunday, October 18, 2009

SUPPORT ARTISTS WHO DON’T BAN USE ON YOUTUBE ~ HEATH LEDGER TRIBUTE

HEATH LEDGER ~ THE FOUR FEATHERS

TRIBUTE TO FRIENDSHIP, COURAGE AND INTEGRITY


Heath as Harry Feversham
Photo credit: Arethusa33 as watermarked



Picture from The
Four Feathers
Photo credit is unknown
I always give credit when known


Sorry about all the varied fonts.





>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Heath Ledger ~ The Four Feathers ~ Tribute
Much better quality of video at Facebook than Youtube, but you have to go to Facebook, I guess, because here the quality seems comparable to me.
Here is a link to it at Facebook and to a bigger picture:
www.facebook.com/video


Let me know what you think...


................................................................

................................................................
Heath Ledger ~ The Four Feathers ~ Tribute
Uploaded by ilovemylifesblog

My channel page at youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/ilovemylifesblog

Broken Arrow

Composed and written by

Robbie Robertson

Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow
Who else is gonna bring you a bottle of rain
There he goes moving across the water
There he goes turning my whole world around

Do you feel what I feel
Can we make it so that's part of the deal
I gotta hold you in these arms of steel
Lay your heart on the line this time

I wanna breathe when you breathe
When you whisper like that hot summer breeze
Count the beads of sweat that cover me
Didn't you show me a sign this time

Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow
Who else is gonna bring you a bottle of rain
There he goes moving across the water
There he goes turning my whole world around, around

Do you feel what I feel
Do you feel what I feel
Ah can you see what I see
Can you cut behind the mystery
I will meet you by the witness tree
Leave the whole world behind

I want to come when you call
I'll get to you, if I have to crawl
They cant hold me with these iron walls
We got mountains to climb, to climb

Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow
Who else is gonna bring you a bottle of rain
There he goes moving across the water
There he goes turning my whole world around
Turning my whole world around
Turning my whole world around
Turning my whole world around


This is the video I started days ago. By that, I mean, finding a song and movie the would get worldwide access on Youtube. Last night, as I stayed up to "watch" Rafa play in the Shanghai Final (I didn't really watch it with my usual concentration, although it was on another window on my MAC as I worked in iMovie). I was too interested in my video with Heath Ledger and Rafa, well, was a bit outplayed last night. Or should I say today, since it was Sunday in China.

Rafa lost to Nikolay Davydenko who played well.
Davydenko chose to receive first...something players all know about Rafa is that
Rafa always has elected to receive when he has the choice. Most players, when they have the choice, elect to serve. So, I think players sometimes do this with Rafa to try to throw him into a discomfort zone.

Not that it made the difference. I am sure. Rafa never has an excuse.

Nikolay won in straight sets.
6-7(3), 3-6

Rafa had some great shots. Nikolay just played better, I think, in my limited viewing and listening to the sportscasters.

And now, about my video of Heath and The Four Feathers


Whatever glitches there are in this youtube, I apologize. Truly. However, it played smoothly at iMovie, as well as on Quick Time before I uploaded it at Youtube.



The Four Feathers is one of my favorite movies. I admire and adore Heath Ledger’s acting. And I so very much like the story and the writing. In this video, I concentrate on Harry’s (Heath's) special angel or spirit guide, Abou Fatma, played by the superb actor, Djimon Hounsou, Jack Durrance played by the outstanding actor, Wes Bentley. And I also concentrate on his other friends that Harry tries so hard to help, while they serve in the Royal Cumbrians. And of course, I focus a lot on Heath's Harry. So this is about friendship, loyalty, integrity and the journey Harry courageously took. The writer Michael Schiffer says it is also about redemption. I suppose it is, as Harry feels he must redeem himself. But to my mind, he had no need for redemption because of the reason that he didn’t want to go to war. Made sense to me.


When I made this video, I tested the song first by posting privately.

Then I tested The Four Feathers privately.


Both worked, then I proceeded. I learned my lesson previously with a Rod Stewart song which Warners Music Group rejected. I had Rod’s CD with Broken Arrow on it and selected the song, then went on the search to find an artist that doesn’t ban use on Youtube. I also learned a lesson with Brokeback Mountain - apparently watched over by NBC Universal.


Support artists and companies that don’t ban use on Youtube.


Links are provided below for the music and the movie used in this Youtube video.


Someone has provided the entire script online.


Link to the script:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/f/four-feathers-script-transcript-kapur.html


Transcript excerpt of The Four Feathers


Jack’s speech at the end of the movie:


You may be lost... but you are not forgotten.            

For those who have journeyed far
to fight in foreign lands                          
know that the soldier's greatest comfort                          
is to have his friends close at hand

In the heat of battle
it ceases to be an idea                          
for which we fight...                          
or a flag.                          

Rather...
we fight for the man on our left                          
and we fight for the man on our right                        

...and when armies have scattered
and when the empires fall away...                          
all that remains 
is the memory 
of those precious moments                          
we spent side by side.  

Amazon sells

The Four Feathers

Full Screen


Robbie Robertson

wrote and performed Broken Arrow, the song used on this youtube


Purchases can be made at:

Amazon.com

or itunes


Robbie’s website: theband

He has his history there/


and this was taken from wikipedia

Robbie Robertson (born Jaime Royal Klegerman, 5 July 1943 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian singer-songwriter, and guitarist. He is best known for his membership in The Band. He was ranked 78th in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. The Band has been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Canadian Music Hall Of Fame. As a songwriter Robbie is responsible for such classics as, The Weight, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, Up On Cripple Creek, Broken Arrow, and Somewhere Down The Crazy River among many others.

Robertson was born to a Jewish father and a Mohawk mother and took his stepfather's last name after his mother remarried. He had his earliest exposure to music at Six Nations of the Grand River First Nation, where he spent summers with his mother's family.

The Four Feathers cast can be found at

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240510/


Director

Shekhar Kapur


Shekhar’s blog has a special section for Heath Ledger, as well as The Four Feathers

http://www.shekharkapur.com/blog/


Wes Bentley ... Jack Durrance

Djimon Hounsou ... Abou Fatma

Heath Ledger ... Harry Feversham

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home