<body>

Saturday, August 15, 2009

SPECIAL CONNECTION WITH HEATH LEDGER NOT UNIQUE


I know I am not unique in feeling a special connection to the soul of Heath.

I know because I watch the videos that fans make on different video hosting sites. You can see the special feelings that Heath enlivens and inspires in his fellow human beings.

And we are grateful. It make us feel more alive.

So in this way death does not end a life . . . . Heath is still with us.

Inside us.

Just like his characters came from inside him. He let them get in there and come through him.

Here is my second video tribute to Heath

.....................................................................

..............................................................
Heath Ledger as Dan in
Candy
and William in
A Knights Tale

Uploaded by ilovemylifesblog

Heath played such diverse roles. He showed whimsy, depth, intelligence, sexiness, vulnerability, strength and humor. These two movies alone show contrasts that make me marvel at his talent.

For Heath . . .

i carry your heart with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere i go you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me
is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate
(for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher
than the soul can hope
or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart
(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

I became interested in Heath Ledger's movies earlier this year.

Heath Andrew Ledger was born April 4, 1979 and died January 22, 2008.

I have seen some of his movies in this order
A Knights Tale, The Four Feathers, Brokeback Mountain, Ten Things I Hate About You, The Order, Ned Kelly, Cassanova, The Brothers Grimm, The Patriot, The Dark Knight, I'm Not There, Monsters Ball and Candy. I bolded the ones that I found myself relating to in a special way or being drawn to with a special connection. I didn't want to see Candy because it is about addiction, but the music at the beginning is hauntingly grabbing and the way the characters are played is exceptional. And Heath as Dan, pulls you in. Heath is special that way. He is able to get inside the character. Or the character gets inside him and Heath let's it play through him.

My plan was to make a video while using four of his movies to show the diversity of the roles and his ability to become the contrasting characters from the inside out. But in the in end my computer wouldn't allow me to use more than the two in the above video - not enough hard space, so it said. And because of this, I wasn't able to fine tune the transitions, the video is disappointing from a creative point of view for me. I learned some things when I did it and will try to improve on it in my next effort. The movies I used, Candy and A Knights Tale, do show contrasting roles. Later, I hope to use The Four Feather, Brokeback Mountain, I'm Not There and Monsters Ball.


Heath supported and participated in The Masses


The following is taken from The Masses website:

The Mission of The Masses

The Masses is a collaboration of directors and artists united by a passion for music and driven by unique and diverse cinematic visions. Our goal is to connect with the audience, inspire the crowd, and function as a factory of ideas without losing the ideal. Within the intersection of art and commerce, we find the message and deliver it to the masses by the most powerful, visionary and authentic means possible, be it film, music, advertising, or multi-platform content.

We are all connected. We, the consumers. We, the creators. The Masses creates for the fundamental spirit in all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In January of 2007, while visiting his homeland of Australia, Heath Ledger presented Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse with an idea to direct a video for their yet-to-be-released song “King Rat”. Heath’s vision, brave and unapologetic in its nature, would marry his love of bold and original music with his impassioned stance against the illegal commercial whale hunts taking place off the coast of Australia each year.

Always one to operate from his heart and take a stand for what he cared deeply about, Heath’s intention was to raise awareness on modern whaling practices through a potent visual piece without having to say a word. It was his way to let the story, in its candid reversal, speak for itself.

The video was fully conceived down to the last detail but unfinished when Heath passed away in January of 2008. We completed the video in his honor with the support and advocacy of Isaac Brock.

Proceeds from iTunes video downloads in the first month of release will go toward Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, an international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization committed to ending the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species. Sea Shepherd uses direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. We encourage you to visit their site if you are compelled to make a larger donation or volunteer your time. http://www.seashepherd.org

The King Rat video was directed by Heath Ledger, co-directed and illustrated by Daniel Auber with lead animation by Norris Houk, animation by Jade Taglioli and produced by Sara Cline of THE MASSES.

THE MASSES and Modest Mouse are proud to present “King Rat”. We hope Heath’s work inspires you in the same way his passion and bravery inspired us.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Source: http://www.wearethemasses.com/

The final movie release that Heath is in will be The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) Tony

Those of us who feel Heath's spirit is connected to our own have Heath to bring us together I find. Those of us who check Youtube daily for new Heath fan tribute videos begin to respect one another's interest and honoring of Heath.

I find it difficult to think of Heath as gone in a way. There he is so real in the films and in the interviews in the dvd's special feature sections. These special features are gems.

Thanks to the directors of the films who put these special features together and respected Heath and his talent so much.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home