<body>

Friday, December 5, 2008

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE MEAN TO SAY? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW?

YOUR MORALITY IS NOT MY MORALITY NECESSARILY


IT'S BASIC

I LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE KIND TO ME

SO IT'S MY IDEA OF RIGHT ~

TO BE KIND TO OTHERS

I think each person has an obligation to be kind.

I think each person has a right to be.

I think if being you requires me to be less of who I am, then you are wrong.

And the same for me, I am wrong if I don't allow you to be you.

Not so easy, sometimes. It doesn't have to be easy to be true.

The slim pickings of the Bible that I like includes
Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31

"Responsibility does not only lie with the leaders of our countries or with those who have been appointed or elected to do a particular job. It lies with each of us individually. Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

HH the Dalai Lama


......................................................................
See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die

......................................................................
Link to Funny or Die
Conceived and Written by-Marc Shaiman
Directed and staged by: Adam Shankman
Produced by Adam Shankman, Marc Shaiman and Mike Farah
Edited by Bradly Schulz and Drew Antzis
Cast (in order of appearance) California Gays and The People That Love Them
Jordan Ballard, Ma... more >

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." Abraham Joshua Heschel

I find some of the Bible wrong. Although I like I Corinthians 13:1-13, I cannot accept Paul in everything he is credited with writing in the New Testament of the Bible. This one gets my head going side to side: I Corinthians 14:34 and 35

I disagree with many verses in the Bible in regards to being a female gender person.
For example, Ephesians 5: 22:

22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

The Bible on slaves

The Bible on stoning

Leviticus 5 The Sin Offering

Leviticus 11 Clean and Unclean Food
Leviticus 12
Purification After Childbirth
Leviticus 13
which includes the following:
Regulations About Mildew
47 "If any clothing is contaminated with mildew—any woolen or linen clothing, 48 any woven or knitted material of linen or wool, any leather or anything made of leather- 49 and if the contamination in the clothing, or leather, or woven or knitted material, or any leather article, is greenish or reddish, it is a spreading mildew and must be shown to the priest. 50 The priest is to examine the mildew and isolate the affected article for seven days. 51 On the seventh day he is to examine it, and if the mildew has spread in the clothing, or the woven or knitted material, or the leather, whatever its use, it is a destructive mildew; the article is unclean. 52 He must burn up the clothing, or the woven or knitted material of wool or linen, or any leather article that has the contamination in it, because the mildew is destructive; the article must be burned up.

53 "But if, when the priest examines it, the mildew has not spread in the clothing, or the woven or knitted material, or the leather article, 54 he shall order that the contaminated article be washed. Then he is to isolate it for another seven days. 55 After the affected article has been washed, the priest is to examine it, and if the mildew has not changed its appearance, even though it has not spread, it is unclean. Burn it with fire, whether the mildew has affected one side or the other. 56 If, when the priest examines it, the mildew has faded after the article has been washed, he is to tear the contaminated part out of the clothing, or the leather, or the woven or knitted material. 57 But if it reappears in the clothing, or in the woven or knitted material, or in the leather article, it is spreading, and whatever has the mildew must be burned with fire. 58 The clothing, or the woven or knitted material, or any leather article that has been washed and is rid of the mildew, must be washed again, and it will be clean."

59 These are the regulations concerning contamination by mildew in woolen or linen clothing, woven or knitted material, or any leather article, for pronouncing them clean or unclean.

Leviticus 14 Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases
Leviticus 15 Discharges Causing Uncleanness
Leviticus 16 The Day of Atonement
Leviticus 17 Eating Blood Forbidden

Matthew 25
When I googled Matthew 25 I found this www.matthew25.org
A pleasant surprise.

The following text is from Matthew 25:
The Sheep and the Goats
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind." Henry James

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home