<body>

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WHEN EGOS RULE WE ARE IN TROUBLE

I am reading Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth ~ Awakening Your Life's Purpose. So I am practicing being totally in the present. A big subject in the book is EGO. TRUTH is another topic. A topic I love. I think TRUTH is the center of the Universe. I am happiest when I feel in alignment with the Universe ~ the Source of All... and when I feel I am living the life I was given to live. I don't know if that makes sense to you. Somewhere I read that it is my job to be happy. When I feel guilty that I haven't done enough, I still feel good about myself if I am happy. Because I feel that if I can add to the happiness of the *physics of the Universe, that is enough.

Chapter: BEYOND EGO: YOUR TRUE INDENTITY
"When the ego is at war, know that it is no more than an illusion that is fighting to survive. That illusion thinks it is you. It is not easy at first to be there as the witnessing Presence, especially when the ego is in survival mode or some emotional pattern from the past has become activated, but once you have had a taste of it, you will grow in Presence power, and the ego will lose its grip on you. And so a power comes into your life that is far greater than ego, greater than the mind. All that is required to become free of the ego is to be aware of it, since awareness and ego are incompatible. Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment...The ultimate purpose of human existence, which is to say, your purpose, is to bring that power into this world. And this is why becoming free of the ego cannot be made into a goal to be attained at some point in the future. Only Presence can free you of the ego, and you can only be present Now, not yesterday or tomorrow. " Pages 77 ~ 78

"...If you believe only your religion is the Truth, you are using it in the service of the ego. Used in such a way, religion becomes ideology and creates an illusory sense of superiority as well as division and conflict between people. In the service of Truth, religious teachings represent signposts or maps left behind by awakened humans to assist you in spiritual awakening....

There is only one absolute Truth, and all other truths emanate from it. When you find that Truth, your actions will be in alignment with it. Human action can reflect the Truth, or it can reflect illusion. Can the Truth be put into words? Yes, but the words are, of course, not it. They only point to it.

The Truth is inseparable from who you are. Yes, you are the Truth. If you look for it elsewhere, you will be deceived evey time. The very Being that you are is Truth..." Page 710~71

- study of physical forces and qualities: the scientific study of matter, energy, force, and motion, and the way they relate to each other.
- physical aspects: the physical processes, interactions, qualities, properties, or behavior of something


I thought of ego while thinking of Hillary Clinton the last few days. I know the purpose of this book is for me to consider my own ego, my own presence, my own being in Truth...I get that. But I do see a woman in Hillary, who is trying to fill inner personal needs and she looks like she is using the rest of us to give her the identity she so desperately needs. Illusion is also talked about in this book. Summarily, I get this from Eckhart Tolle's writing: When we aren't true to ourselves, we live an illusion. We aren't living in Truth. And we are being dictated by ego. Our Past is driving us and we aren't aware of the Present...

Anyway, about Hillary and her story of Bosnia...
.................................................................

................................................................. I was wondering how a mother would have her daughter with her in Bosnia with sniper fire while wearing bullet-proof clothing and not have a clear memory of it. And I was wondering why Hillary wouldn't have a conversation with her daughter about her daughter's memory of the Bosnia trip when repeatedly her story was becoming suspiciously untrue. Then, I saw this:
.......................................................

.......................................................
NBC News covers the Bosnia trip and which Democratic candidate will get the nomination


CBS News exposes the story of Hillary Clintons 1996 trip to Bosnia, as CBS accompanied Mrs. Clinton and Chelsea on the trip. "Hillary Clinton admits she ... ("misspoke"). "
Uploaded by: go33tv
.....................................................
CNN ~ Same story
Uploaded by: westthea
.....................................................

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home