<body>

Friday, March 21, 2008

INDIAN WELLS 08 AND THE CRAZY TV NETWORKS SPOTTY COVERAGE




VAMOS RAFA

After being shut out of seeing Rafael Nadal and James Blake's match last night, both on television and live online streaming, the match was shown on TVUnetworks today, because Haas withdrew from his match with Roger Federer for their quarterfinals match. Even though, I missed five games due to online streaming issues, I got to see most of the match. Hooray! And I already knew who won. Rafa won 5-7, 6-3, 3-6.

Today, I was watching the live match between Fish and Nalbandian and Comcast Sportsnet (on my Fox Sports channel) aired the first two sets and didn't show us the third set. This is just foolish by the television networks.

...........................................................

...........................................................
Nadal v. Blake Indian Wells 08 during first set
From: Cosmicoz
...........................................................

...........................................................
Nadal v. Blake Indian Wells 08 in 3rd Set
From: RunNadalRun

Want to see even more?
redrum008

...........................................................

...........................................................
Rafa's interview after defeating James Blake
It's in Spanish
This is the translation thanks to Rafa fan Ines of Sevilla. Thanks Ines!

Rosana: Congratulations, what a match, eh?
Rafa: Well, thank you very much, yes, important, it is clear, that for me was a very important victory after have some time, maybe, without making poor performances, but always as lacking win these high-level players, I have two victories in a row to this high level players that I tell and I'm very happy about that, I think I've played with a lot of decision, very aggressive in the last two games, especially in the return, I played two returns winners with the forehand and well, those returns have given me the match, I think.

Rosana: James Blake said that he did not know why he always won to Rafa Nadal , but he was the only player of all the circuit that it had won you three times, finally ...
Rafa: Yes, it is clear that he was and is a player difficult for me and his game is very aggressive and at any moment he put a lot of pression , and I like to play a little more points from the baseline, and practically he does not let you, no? I've tried to change him the serve, serving stronger, serving softer, and well, I has done what I could and at last , I was able to win the match.

Rosana: Two matches in a row in three sets, two consecutive days, you have now a day off, I imagine it will get phenomenal to receive Djokovic, it revives the Final of last year ..
Rafa: Yeah, well, but it revives in semifinal. Well, it is clear that the day of rest will come handy. Tomorrow a day to drop a little shots and play relaxed half an hour and simply wait for the day after tomorrow comes, and give it everything in a very important match
Rosana: ok, thank you, congratulations


Saturday, March 22, 2008
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
D Safina (RUS) / E Vesnina (RUS) vs [3] Z Yan (CHN) / J Zheng (CHN) - WTA DOUBLES FINAL
Not Before 1:00 PM
[3] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP
Not Before 3:00 PM
[1] R Federer (SUI) vs M Fish (USA) - ATP

Fox Sports is showing tennis at 11:00 p.m. EST tonight at Indian Wells. Ivanovic v. Jankovic are already in their 2nd set. At midnight is the match between Sharapova and Kuznetsova in the Semi-Finals.

Check your local schedule online or wherever you can find it. We have to get the information wherever we can. You may be lucky to see some great tennis. But you also better hope they don't have a boat repair show just when the 3rd set is to be played as they did on Rafa's match with Tsonga earlier this week. Because they left the tennis and showed us how to use compound on the side of a boat. I caught the third set on TVUnetwork with live stream.

TVUnetworks is showing most of the games, too, the next few days. Check it out.

TVUnetworks doesn't work on MAC, but it does on my laptop with Windows XP and it also works on Vista.

You must download first. It is free.
Link: tvunetworks

Windows Media Player 11 is recommended by TVUnetworks.

Another alternative to watching Indian Wells '08 online is
myp2p.eu/.
I haven't tried this one, but I have downloaded TVants software at their website, which is streaming some of Indian Wells 08.

The Indian Wells website gives the schedule. The time is, of course, California time. On my sidebar I have the Tennis time. www.pacificlifeopen.com

Join the Fan Page at www.rafaelnadal.com
It's very informative and they will help answer any of your questions. It's free and it's fun.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home