<body>

Thursday, January 17, 2008

TRUE COLORS ARE SHINING THROUGH ~ OBAMA FOR AMERICA

IT'S "CHARACTER" STUPID ~ THAT'S WHY I'M FOR BARACK OBAMA

With the pundits, who in effect, tell us their relatively unimportant opinions, with the underhanded "power of suggestion" politics by an opponent and the constant drip, drip of unimportant drivel ~ I feel Barack may not get the "look" by many American voters. I do believe Barack is the one who WILL instantly raise our standing in the world, be the listener to We the People, has the natural leadership abilities and the intellect that can handle the difficult status of our nation. Washington, D.C. isn't an incubator for quality leadership and neither is wherever George W Bush came from. (Born in Connecticutt and we know he likes his Texas.)

Hillary is good at politicking and campaigning. Barack is good at leadership in a new way. He has an open mind, is able to see through the crap and rationally judge the wiser and realistic path to get to a place of healing this nation. When the Irish TV in Nashua, New Hampshire, asked me what I like about Barack, I knew they didn't want a long list of my reasons. So I offered this one thing: Barack will lead us, but he wants us to be a part of the government. He is asking us to step up and take part. I am so ready for "open" government, someone who welcomes me as a part of how the country is going. Barack even runs his campaign this way. But he also is strict with even the volunteers who work in his campaign. The people who are stepping up to help in his campaign are from high school age through 100 years old. Well, the woman I am talking about won't really be 100 until this summer. It has been my experience even in the administering of public schools, that the administration doesn't want us to be involved or know what they are up to. Our government is that way, too.

I feel Hillary is sneaky. She kept saying what Barack felt and what John Edwards thought in the debate last night. She could have only told us what Hillary thought ~ that would have been appropriate. Barack and John weren't paint on the wall, they were there to speak for themselves. Last night, I feel she was using Barack by publicly doing that whole "will you co-sponsor" my bill on Iraq thing. She chose to do it at the debate. She did it to make Barack look like he was subordinate to her and place herself publicly in a position of power. He had to say he would. And she knew what she was doing to Barack. It was undermining behavior. Not the kind of behavior I want in my President. Bush does undermining behavior. I want my President to treat others with respect including Barack Obama, her peer. I find it very unappealing as someone who wants to be my President to see her manipulate and purposely pretend she cares about us but shows she will do anything to win. She could have ask Barack to do this in a phone call or out of the limelight of the world and TV cameras, but she chose to play "her game" to gain in a campaign with her "strategy" and trickery. Not the kind of leadership qualities I am looking for. She deserves her description as "calculating" and calculating in an underhanded way. This one act is just one example of Hillary doing not what is best, but what is best for Hillary. I don't think she wants my input. Do you think? She tells us "I will do this, I will do that" but Barack has purposely said that he wants to engage all of us. So he will lead, but there is that all-too-often-forgotten WE, that he welcomes. We have had enough leadership by politicians who close us out of the process.

Barack can't say these things. But I can. Barack also can't say this. The last four days, I have noticed that her "front people" have all of a sudden changed races. They were white, now she has only had three different black males being her media spinners. These men are being "used". And they know that they are. I wondered about this ~ why would they do this willingly. Then it occurred to me as to why. I had something happen to me once within my school department and it all came down to one thing ~ as to why people were mysteriously changing their "spots" with their treatment of me and only three others with me on my grievance ~ all after working with them for so many years. It was one thing. And it all centered around the newcomer, the leader, the principal of the school. The one thing was POWER. If you were on the principal's side, you were given special power by this jerk. But if you had integrity and thought for yourself and didn't become a lemming, you were isolated and the troups closed in around. Longer story than I have the energy to go into here, but it occurred to me that you don't have to necessarily be on Hillary's bandwagon because you agree with her character and issues. You just need to be on the "'machine's' power train" and have the need to feel powerful. Power is a seductress.

I keep hearing that Hillary will win because of the "machine". This is the very thing I am sickened by. The Bush, Cheney and once-Rove "machine" has twisted my stomach and this country's reputation until I don't recognize what a good government looks and feels like anymore.

The best campaigner doesn't mean she is the best candidate to be President.
And the best campaigner can be misleading and do things that are less than honorable. I believe Barack will lead us in a fresh new way that even we haven't dreamed could happen in the distorted and sometimes corrupt government that is ours today. I think Hillary's default operating mode is to do whatever it takes to win. And she has done plenty already to distort Barack's life and character. Hillary has been showing her teeth. Not my kind of person.

OBAMA FOR AMERICA

You have to be willing to listen to Barack in a way that we have had it "trained out of us" regarding our political leaders. He actually trusts that we have the capacity to think for ourselves and he welcomes it. Hillary wants to do whatever she is going to do FOR us, but she doesn't really want to engage us. You can tell that by the way she doesn't really look at who she is talking to. She talks and her eyes are looking down or outward, but they don't "see" the person ~ watch her when she speaks.


Watch Barack. He wants to engage you. You can see it when he listens to others opinions. He actually listens. Hillary is busy thinking about what she is going to say when she isn't talking. The twisted spin that Hillary is doing with what Barack answered to the *stupid line of questioning last night in the debate is just the same old, tired way of doing politics. *That question about "what is your weakness?" Barack didn't mean what she is claiming he said. And when she was asked the same question, she didn't even answer the question. At least Barack tried to be honest and answer the question. John Edwards didn't answer it either. So therefore they are perfect, I guess they think.

She keeps changing the rules. She has had her "front people" including husband, Bill, using the "power of suggestion" hoping people will associate negative things about Barack, then she follows it up with some action that at best is pretending to change. But she doesn't change. When the body language pundits covered Hillary and Barack's body language last night of a truce about race, it was said that Hillary was not sincere about the new direction. And that proved true today already.

The bottom line for me is that I used to respect Hillary, but that was obviously before I saw her for what I see now. She lacks the integrity to live in truth. And that is the bottom line for me. I have a President right now who lacks the integrity to live in truth. And I am so sick of that.

It was time for me to say what I am feeling.



FOR BARACK:

True Colors
……………………………………………

……………………………………………
Sung by Eva Cassidy


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home