<body>

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

HOW SWEET IT IS to be noticed


Unsuspected and pleasant ~ there was the news that someone left me a comment in one of my "you've got mail" emails tonight. The comment can be found in my "comment section" of the post. I wasn't going to come to this place of "too many hours robbing me of sleep", but I gave myself the excuse that I needed to check for meeting and conference call information that I have "on" ~ both for tomorrow night. I am always excited when someone actually takes the time and effort to write me a comment. It happens so rarely. I don't monitor my comments and only once was there a reason to second-guess that decision.

There is the following pleasant text about my blog post January 12, 2008 titled “Legal to Have Skin Color and Hair” at The Rising Blogger

Red-headed, white-skinned, tender, provocative. All words to describe one very vocal blogger who chose to peel back the layers of color for all to see. In her own life. On her blog. Most decisiviely her blog. While most of her writings could never be categorized as subtle and are usually starkly political and informative, this post blossomed into a personal realm. What I admire about her writing is not so much the details and statistics and broadly scrutinized arguments for the political process - although that is surely commendable in itself -but the way she lays it bare without apology.

Our post of the day entitled Legal To Have Skin Color and Hair is an expose on racism, love, and happiness far from the scrutiny of politics. Quoting from Sport of Nature by Nadine Gordimer, we see what is in her heart and what once came out of her mouth in a faraway ceremony once upon a controversial time in her life. It is clearly beautiful prose. "Lying beside him, looking at pale hands, thighs, belly: seeing herself as unfinished, left off, somewhere. She examines his body minutely and without shame, and he wakes to see her at it, and smiles without telling her why: she is the first not to pretend the different colours and textures of their being is not an awesome fascination. How can it be otherwise? "

She has just flipped the switch and crossed the purely personal line. If only the political process she so boldly exposes could do the same.

Congratulations ilovemylife, you have posted The Rising Blogger's Post of The Day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.........................................................
......................................................... Somewhere Over the Rainbow

It is so lovely when we encourage one another. What a wonderful world this could be if we could do for another what we ourselves would love.

I'll be looking out for someone else's blog post to nominate to The Rising Blogger.

Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing as a life unlived. source unknown

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home