<body>

Monday, December 3, 2007

29 MILLION PLUS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18 ~ 24 WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN '08 ~ HOW MANY WILL?

WHERE IS THAT COMPASSIONATE CHRISTIANITY OF GEORGE BUSH?
What has Bush gotten right?

I'm sure it depends on who you ask. I can't think of anything personally. But that's just me.


I hope somehow the young people get the message how powerful their voices can be in the way of votes in the 2008 election. I didn't vote in my first Presidential election. And Richard Nixon was elected. And well, most of us would consider that a mistake. Except my family.

I would like to raise the issue of hurricane Katrina and how we have not taken care of our own here, in what President Bush has dubbed "the Homeland".

REBUILDING has different meanings to different people in New Orleans.

Please vote ~ getting to know the candidate you vote for before you vote. And please, do vote.
.........................................................................

.........................................................................
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yJDe_efqo6c
Plans to Demolish 4,500 Public Housing Units in New Orleans Approved
The Bush administration has given the Housing Authority of New Orleans the go ahead to demolish the city's four largest public housing complexes. The Department of Housing and Urban Development approved the demolition of the 4,500 housing units on Friday. Democratic Seantor Mary Landrieu criticized the ruling but other lawmakers have endorsed such moves. Shortly after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Republican Congressman Richard Baker said: "We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it but God did."
.........................................................................

.........................................................................
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HEiOk-_NU3g
"...WE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO CLEAN UP THIS MESS...We've got a lot of work to do...and now we're going to go comfort people in THAT part of the world." President George W Bush

Vote Responsibly ~
We will have to live with our collective decision for President for a long four years
It has been a long seven years.
…………………………………………………............

…………………………………………………............
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_JLEzeSs-Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-xNWz4UXO7w
BUSH VISITS NEW ORLEANS

"In 2008, over 29 million people between the ages of 18 and 24 will be eligible to vote. How many will?" www.18in08.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 4:13:00 AM EST , Blogger D-Man said...

Voting for me has always been a special occasion. Growing up, we spent every election night in front of the TV eagerly awaiting the outcome. My mother moved in political circles and we always seemed to know at least one person up for election.

The day I turned 18 I skipped school and took the bus downtown to register. In my New England town we had to raise our right hand and swear an oath (seems crazy considering today's easy registration...)

Last year I considered not voting in order to protest the travesty of electronic voting machines. I felt there was no point unless every vote counted (I feel that every vote should have a paper backup.) I wrote to all of my candidates - local, state, federal - and told them I wasn't going to vote again until all electronic voting machines had paper backups, and asked them what they were doing to ensure this would happen. Not one wrote me back.

When it came down to it, I couldn't stay away. I voted anyway.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 10:58:00 PM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

d-man,
It seems we are “a nation of freedoms” taking them for granted, doesn't it? Imagine, if we didn't have the right to vote. We'd probably rank it more importantly than our low per centage of voter turn-out suggests we would.

And women and African Americans had to fight long and hard for the right to vote well after the Constitution was ratified.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home