<body>

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ooh Sha Sha . . . We Gotta Live Together








Sometimes I'm right,

then I can be wrong,




A butcher, a baker, a drummer and then

Makes no difference
what group I'm in.
I am everyday people

Ooh sha sha
We gotta live together

I am no better and neither are you
We're all the same
whatever we do

You love me you hate me
You know me and then
Still can't figure out the scene I'm in
I am everyday people

Then it's the new man
That doesn't like the short man
For being such a rich one
That will not help the poor one
Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on scooby dooby dooby

Ooh sha sha
We got to live together

There is a yellow one that won't
Accept the black one
That won't accept the red one
That won't accept the white one

Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and
Scooby dooby dooby
Ooh sha sha
I am everyday people

Song lyrics of: EVERDAY PEOPLE
It was sung by Sly & the Family Stone

***************************************************************************************************************************

My new post for “Sexual Politics” is at www.tvguide.com and is listed under BLOGGERS on the BROTHERS AND SISTERS CAST & DETAIL page as The Brothers and Sisters and Mother - Are Looking For Connections.

*********************************************************************************************

The abc.go.com blog. “Bloggers and Sisters” with the title “New Episode Sunday – ‘Sexual Politics’" was something today. When some see Kevin’s lips meeting another guy’s lips, this very brief encounter singes some people’s hair or feelings or something. I was reading, agreeing, disagreeing cordially, having tears in my eyes and exercising my diaphragm muscles from the physical work-out-laughter. It’s almost like a script.

My favorite scene in “For the Children” was when Kevin finally “GOT to” Scotty and apologized with that adorable facial expression, then the chemistry-sparks flew like sparklers, THEN he heroically, so professionally and eat-your-heart-out stuck-up for Scotty after the boss knee-jerkingly and homophobically fired Scotty-the subject of his affections-for lips meeting. And, oh, that onery Kevin-smile as he turned and walked away from the boss man was to-die-for.

My favorite scene in “Date Night” was when Scotty showed up at Kevin’s apartment and owned his mistake, straightforwardly expressed his “like” for Kevin and the sweetest kiss was observed by the cute neighbor, Mrs. Something-berry as well as those with whatever gene that is that allows us to be turned on by four lips meeting.

My favorite scene in “Mistakes Were Made, Part I”, aka “Glass Jumps” was the 96 seconds of Kevin talking to Scotty’s answer machine and watching Scotty’s body language responding while listening to Kevin apologize. THIS was de-e-e-licious sex without the sex. If you follow me.

And my favorite scene of “Sexual Politics” was the 93 seconds, starting with Kevin and Chad Berry first arriving at Inspiration Point until the pan out of the night-lights view. The kiss might have lasted 3 seconds. Personally Chad’s shoulder got in the way of my view too soon. I didn’t have the same feeling of comfort and fireworks with this connection, but it still was pleasurable. And we all do stupid things in love, pretty much our whole lives give or take some more intelligent choices and moves that we can proudly cling to.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At January 18, 2007 at 12:48:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

I am posting my own comment to my own blog - I've always liked being my own person ... : )

I had a version of this post tailored for the abc.go.com "Bloggers and Sisters" blog, but it was not posted today, for whatever reason. . . maybe it's length. Maybe I was offensive? I reworked it and put it here ... and added the pictures. I had little control over the placement of the pictures - they, sort of, are their own "person" too, as it turns out.

I know some people don't like Scotty, but he is coming back soon - on February 11, supposedly. If they do bring him back, really back, please give him another chance to find a way into your heart.

You can tell who I favor just by the pictures for Kevin's beau friend. I could find no Kevin and Chad kiss picture yet. I tried. The magic just wasn't there with the hesitant gay man, Chad, in their first kiss. I mean what the hey - it came after the line "Well, I'm not a serial killer." Not a romance line that I've ever heard. Does that line really get any one in the mood?

 
At January 18, 2007 at 12:51:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Bad karma, that line.

 
At January 21, 2007 at 10:33:00 PM EST , Blogger Kong Chang said...

I still have no idea why they are not posting your comments. Is it because it's so long or are you touching something that the creators want to keep a secret?

They used to never have problems with it before, but lately, they just want to post the nasty comments and instigate discussions. Kinda sad really when you have such a positive response like yours being written. I think it needs to be shared with those who are in accordance with your thoughts and views.


KC

 
At January 21, 2007 at 11:41:00 PM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

KC,

They held my post up, but evetually two days later it showed up on Bloggers and Sisters as written exactly.

I LO-OVED "Something Ida This Way Comes" tonight!!" Watch for my posting tomorrow, Monday, it will surely go up right away. Chad's kisses were better tonight, albeit short. Don't worry, I'm still rooting for Scotty's return.

You must be excited because the play is coming up soon, no?

Did you get my birthday wish for Luke? I sent it immediately when I learned that you needed it sent to your website. He's so young.

Hope you are having an exciting life these days.

 
At January 23, 2007 at 6:46:00 PM EST , Blogger Red Seven said...

I loved Scotty as a character and Luke MacFarlane is an adorable (and, oh yeah, talented) actor -- but I'd actually prefer that he not return to the show, at least not as a love interest for Kevin. If I were a writer on the show, Scotty would reappear months from now with a steady boyfriend.

I love Kevin (and, oh yeah, gorgeous), but he screwed up big time where Scotty is concerned, and karmically doesn't deserve him. Scotty was necessary for Kevin's growth and development as a person, and that's good enough for prime time TV.

 
At January 27, 2007 at 12:14:00 PM EST , Blogger Kong Chang said...

Ilovemylife,

Hiya, sorry haven't responded sooner. Yes, the play is coming up in about 2 weeks. And I just can't wait! :) It's so soon and I'm a bit nervous to see him live on stage.

I do admit, Jason's kissing is a lot better but there is still that slight hesitancy in his body language that really makes his acting unbelievable.

Episode 14 (on Feb. 11th) will mark the first comeback of Scotty. I'm sure there are more comebacks but it should be fun watching Luke return to the small screen again. :)

I got your b-day wish for Luke but somehow when I told you to write it to the mailing list, it never came through. Yeah, 27 is pretty young. He does look older, no? When I first saw him, I swear he was in his early 30's, so I was surprised he was only 26.

 
At January 29, 2007 at 12:25:00 AM EST , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Kong,

About Jason's, I mean Chad's kissing Kevin, I couldn't agree with you more. The little eye affectionate acting was acceptable and even enjoyable for me. But kissing has to be from some sensual and sexual basic instinct along with just the basic skill of being a good kisser. And I don't see that happening between Chad and Kevin. And I dare say it's a Chad thing, not a Matthew/Kevin thing.

Did you see the Youtube video with the Kevin and Scotty montage on this blog here? I hoped you would enjoy it. I sure did. I thought of you when I decided to use it.

Since posting here at this blog all of the Matthew Rhys videos and ESPECIALLY the "Elle" article of Matthew and his personal friend, Ioan Gruffud, I have had a very big increase of viewers here. I wonder how people found out. I continue to get 1400-or-so views taken of my tvguide.com blog's individual postings. How frustrating to me to get no comments. Do they enjoy or what is it! I sometimes wonder if they are young boys who are wary. If not, I think it's a kind of blogger lack of manners. Maybe, someone will read this and write a comment.

Hey, have a great time seeing Luke in person. Are you going to take a camera? Are you going to try to talk to him? Life is short. Don't cut yourself short. Go for it.

 
At January 29, 2007 at 3:33:00 PM EST , Blogger Kong Chang said...

Ilovemylife,

I can't wait to see him live in person. I'm going twice...once to tell the fansite how it was and the second time to see what this whole "Meet the ARtist" entails.

Although the place doesn't allow cameras inside, I'm gonna try to sneak one in anyway, because I need to have one in case I can get a snapshot of Luke after the show. We'll see. Doubt it. But it never hurts to try.

As for the constant hits...you'll have to get used to it. I mean, even on my fansite for Luke, I'm the only one talking most of the time. It's frustrating when you have 200 lurkers, 1 main speaker (me) and some people who chime in every now and then. *sigh* But that's how the cookie crumbles, or so it's said. There are loads of Matt fans out there, so any and all hits is good. At least your blog is being read and you have a counter for that. I don't even know if my own stuff is being read. *cry*

I love the YouTube video and have seen it since it was made. :) Also, there are 2 music videos made...one by Anna and by B@R for a Kevin/Scotty. I will be making mine soon...actually 2 as soon as I get more footages of Luke & Kevin together. :)

And the Chad/Jason Lewis thing...I blame the lack of passion in those kissing scenes on Jason. Matt has it down pat and is covering for both of them. Jason just doesn't have it down. He doesn't exude the chemistry needed to make it believable. And I try my best to see it but I'm just not blown away by it. It's horrible watching someone squirm right before they do the kiss. Ugh...the body never lies, no matter how good you are of an actor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home