<body>

Monday, November 19, 2007

RAFA ENDED 2007 IN SHANGHAI WITH HEALTHY PERSPECTIVE







The excitement wears off for me when Rafael Nadal isn’t in a tournament after he is eliminated. That would only be one reason the delay in this post. The other is that to watch this matches live in the middle of the night wore me out, so my life is out of rhythm and I needed to recuperate a bit.

So Roger Federer won the Shanghai Masters Cup 2007. And he played brilliantly. But that isn’t “the thing” for me. I know Roger has the drive to play tennis, the out-of-this-world talent much of the time and he is number one in the rankings. BUT. I watch tennis now because of Rafa Nadal. I found the David Ferrer great streak and his quiet and modest body language to be enticing. But, Rafa turns something on and pulls me into tennis like no other. Rafa is the one with the magic draw for me. And it isn’t just the fire on the court that is openly displayed that I love,


but it is the person that shows up at the press conferences and outside of the tennis arena that is special about Rafa. Rafa is interesting. Roger… for me, is lacks luster as a personality other than his tennis.

It is his genuineness, his passion, his talent, his family values, his humble demeanor, his kindness, healthy perspective and his "Rafa Charm" that is so magnetic. Rafa is only 21 years old. Youth is special - Rafa is a model for that. He exemplifies that humility is not only noble, but regal.


If you want to see the match between Federer and Rafa Nadal from Shanghai 2007, go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXRPB7k88Rc
and the match is uploaded in segments.

If you want to see the match between David Ferrer and Rafa Nadal from Shanghai 2007, go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=_SDa4Z3JSN4
and the match is uploaded in segments.

http://tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=108236
Federer dominates Nadal to reach Shanghai final
Score 6-4, 6-1

FEDERER Victorious Over David Ferrer 6-2, 6-3, 6-2
http://tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=108252
Federer defeats Ferrer in straights sets to win Shanghai

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home