<body>

Friday, September 7, 2007

FEDERER, NADAL, McENROE ON CHARLIE ROSE

If you like Roger Federer or you like Rafael Nadal or both, you must see this interview on Charlie Rose with the link below. Rose doesn't keep these interviews on his web page for long, so see it now. I actually liked Roger in this interview and for me that is new. John McEnroe talks about Roger floating across the court like Misha Barishnokov. Courier agrees his movement is like an ice skater. I have before written that Roger moves like a ruby-throated hummingbird.

But this interview includes Rafael Nadal a lot too. And watching him in the interview changes nothing about how I feel about Rafa. The affection for him as a passionate tennis player and his movement on the court to me which is also like a dancer reign supreme in my preferences for who I adore watching. Anyway, take a look and enjoy. It's a delicious treat to take in.

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2007/09/03/a-discussion-about-tenniw-professional-roger-federer



I like to watch basketball and tennis. Probably would like soccer too if I knew anything about how it is played. The reason I love these sports is that there is grace of a dancer included in the sport. And the requirement of the mind to be able to think quickly, assess quickly and come up with the moves to make it work. It is beautiful. And bodies are a beautiful gift to the eyes. But movement of the body is even more beautiful than a body that is still.

Dancing is the best for me. And tennis has dance moves as a part of the game.

I repeat though that Rafael Nadal has it all. a colorful, dynamic and humble personality that also shows pride, great game and his body is a wondrous thing. He's fun to watch.

Vamos, Rafa!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 at 1:28:00 PM EDT , Blogger t said...

Hate to be cheesy but I think we'll be good friends. I found your blog searching for more info on Rafa, aka the guy I'm going to marry, and I'm rushing off to find the Charlie Rose interview - thanks. But the 1 min I've read on your blog (post and profile) I'm like "couldn't agree with you more." Stay passionate!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home