<body>

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I HOPE RAFA IS LISTENING TO ANDRE AGASSI

Some tennis players pull me into the game. And others just don't. A personality showing helps a lot. A visible passion is what really affects me. It helps if they do more than slug out the ball.

I just watched Roger Federer play Andy Roddick at the US Open. Andre Agassi commentated with John McEnroe. I love the pointers that Andre gave. I hope my favorite tennis player, Rafael Nadal, was listening. For one thing he said exactly what I am feeling and James Courier said, that Rafael must rethink his scheduling of his tournaments to favor his health and give him a long tennis career. But also that you don't have to play great tennis, just better than your opponent, meaning to know how to bring down your opponent's game. Know your strengths, but just as important, know the game of your opponent. Know where or how to get to the opponent. And work it. Well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLQPm_lEYo
FEDERER and NADAL in DUBAI 2006



Like Andre Agassi said if Rafa doesn't change something his career will not be as long as Rafa wants it to be. Rafa, are you listening?!

I so wanted Andy to win. He played fantastic, but the points have gone slightly more Roger's way.
I know everyone likes Roger. Here's my thing, I see that he is a fabulous tennis player, but there is something about him that doesn't make me want him to win. Maybe, it's his little swagger. Maybe, it's his smirk or expression on his face. Maybe it's that he doesn't sweat. I think I know what it is, but I hesitate to say it because I don't want to say something about him that isn't nice. Like Andre said tonight, Roger plays so relaxed. His opponent works himself hard and Roger barely, or is it rarely, shows passion. He's probably got some - it just isn't visible. Andy goes down 7-6, 7-6, 6-2. Twenty-four errors for Roddick in total. Roddick's statistics were superb. Too bad he couldn't put Roger down. What a night that would have been! Anyway, I like Andy Roddick. And I really like Rafael Nadal. Andy and Rafa have got heart that is right there to see. And it pulls me into the game. And it generates my interest in watching them. I don't get excited to watch Roger. I may be the only person in the world who feels this way. Rafa is hot. Roger is not.

It's similar with Venus and Serena Williams and more so with Serena. I like Jelena Jankovic. She makes me want to watch the match. Just like Rafa. Some players have personality that just makes you love them. And others just don't.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_yDpEwUqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3U7SGTOAtA
2007 Wimbledon final game followed by interviews with Nadal and Federer

................................................................................

................................................................................
Just cool...
................................................................................

................................................................................
...adorable. I don't know what they are saying. But, he's cute to look at...No?
by
adrianagarcia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJxhO1mI-0
Interview with Rafa Nadal at the 2007 US Open
by BV99999
................................................................................

................................................................................
Rafa and friends sing a bit of La Bamba
................................................................................

................................................................................
Interview in English with Rafa

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 at 3:33:00 PM EDT , Blogger t said...

Question: Do you like tennis? :)
I couldn't figure out if you were saying that Venus and Serena have heart or not.

As for Mr. Federer, although I'm more in love with Rafa - likely because he's Spanish - I see something in Roger that you may be missing. Heart.

It takes love to train and build your life around a game. I know what it's like too, when you're "the best" and people build myths around you, such as you don't have to work, you're a genius, and sort of get bored and hard to impress...Still waters run deep (huh?) and I believe I see Roger pitching the occasional reminder that he's human, he has to work hard, he may not win all the time - I suspect that people don't even hear that, because cleaaarly he's not a dude named Roger, he's Federer Express - In fact, if he stopped working hard today, he'll stop winning regularly in weeks, maybe months (I have experimented with that too, and it works.)

On the other hand, I can say that the myth-building is useful and fun for everyone: helps other players maybe deal with not being the one, helps the one push himself/herself to mythical feats, makes fun stories...

On a lighter note, I'm so looking forward to savouring the Nadaliciousness (or Nadalicity?) of your blog. Just watched the Charlie Rose interview - thanks - and moving on to the ads.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home