<body>

Sunday, October 10, 2010

COLLECTING STORIES ABOUT COACH MARK HAMMEL for HIS BOOK

In the end of September, I called the local newspaper - The Post and Mail- in Columbia City, Indiana, where I spent my childhood from 9 years old through high school. I asked if I could write a letter to the editor or an article about my father. And Ruth Stanley, the Managing Editor was very receptive and said she would publish it as an article. She didn't care how long it was, she was more interested in the story. After I wrote my first draft, she was willing to print it, but I wasn't happy with it, so I offered to edit it. I cut out a lot and ended up with a more concise article.

From Indiana, Cindy Auer found me on Facebook, requested to be Facebook "friends" and said, "I saw your article about your father in the paper. It is nice to honor him in that way. I'm still around CC, but I live in..."

I hadn't been told when the article would be published, so I went looking online and found it. So I did some screen shots and it is below. The article is headlined at the top of the front page and the article is at the top of page of A4 under the topic of OPINION. You can get a free PDF version. I don't know how long this stays on their website. Download document as PDF This document is © 2010 by ryan - all rights reserved.

The Post and Mail
October 9-10, 2010


Click on images to enlarge


Click on images to enlarge


Click on images to enlarge

I received my first response via the email address I provided in the article.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home