<body>

Friday, September 24, 2010

COACH MARK HAMMEL - I AM LOOKING FOR HIS PLAYERS


Coach Hammel

Coach Mark Hammel coached basketball at Union Township School in Huntington, Indiana and starting in 1958, he was the head basketball coach at the new Columbia City Joint High School. I am looking for players, students, student teachers ~ who have a story about Coach Hammel. I am Sandra Hammel, his daughter. You can join us at Facebook Coach-Hammels-Players-Columbia-City-Indiana

My father passed away May 10, 2007. He wanted to write a book called Why Coach? which centered around the reason for coaching being to make a difference in young people's lives. So, I am looking for stories that would make this point. If possible, a collection of stories would then be a tribute to him and make his dream come true. The Columbia City Indiana Post and Mail newspaper has accepted the idea to publish an article about this as soon as I write it.

You may email me at CoachHammel1924@aol.com

See this previous post for some pictures of CCJHS basketball
Coach Hammel had lasting impact

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home