<body>

Thursday, September 16, 2010

CELEBRATING RAFAEL NADAL'S HARD WORK


Rafa Nadal
US Open 2010 Final Victory
Photo credit: Al Bello


US Open 2010 Final Victory
Photo credit: Al Bello

.............................................

.............................................
Uploaded by Midnightsnack09
Myuen sent this to me in an email as she posted it to celebrate Rafa's hard work and success. So I share it here. Doubel click the video to go to Youtube and view it on a larger YT screen. Thanks to Myuen.

And Rafa, too!

Rafa has a recipe for you

.............................................

.............................................
Uploaded by danitrack

Rafa answered my question on his Times Online blog. I am the Sandra with the question about the banana. They cut out many of my words. Here is what I really wrote:

Hello Rafa,

We are rooting for you sitting in front of our TV and computer screens. I always have the TV and the computer streaming of your matches on at the same time. TV always cuts to commercial, but online streaming doesn't, so we get to watch changeovers. My question is about bananas. At changeovers, you take a bite of banana. Do you only eat bananas during matches? : )


Sandra Hammel
Rhode Island, USA

Here are the questions and answers

The final? It's tough but I learned to cope with pressure as a youngster

Rafael Nadal

You're such a down-to-earth person who meets lots of famous people from many different professions during your travels, do you ever get star struck (overawed or shy) if you meet someone famous that you have never met before and have admired for a long time? Juliette

Not really. Obviously there are people I want to meet and so on but not really because they are stars or anything like it.

Is there any photo in particular that you have seen and thought "Wow that really is a great photo of me"? :) Bee

Yes many of them. I am lucky that the photographers give Benito pictures and he puts them afterward in my computer. I have many of them and they are great.

Did you see the Bryan brothers blog where they moved your headband in the locker room? Did you notice it had moved? Cedrine

Hahahaa. No, not really. They are funny sometimes

The promo tape of you and Roger talking about the exhibition match for his foundation was very funny. Are there any plans for such a match to be played in Majorca for your foundation? Sandra

Top secret :-)

I am a nervous person so was wondering how do you cope with nerves during tense moments in a match? Fay

This is something you learn and you practice since you are young. And you keep learning always.
At changeovers, you take a bite of banana. Do you only eat bananas during matches? Sandra Yes and some proteins. But not much.

Do the noisy planes ever bother you at the US Open? They seem to come so close to the stadium! Have you flown over Flushing Meadows in one plane? Chavela Maria

Nope. Not really.

Rafa's post:


Thank you to the readers of my lucky blog

Rafael Nadal

Hello everyone,
This last post might come 1) late for some and 2) as a surprise for others. The truth is that I should have sent it through yesterday but as I landed in Madrid I thought about writing it at my hotel room. But I was really tired. I couldn't sleep much in the airplane during the flight and as I landed I had a press conference and went straight to the hotel to bed ... Sorry about that. Then I went to see last night Real Madrid against Ajax and enjoyed coming down to the pitch and salute all fans.
Well, I am back at home and wanted to take the chance to thank all of you who follow this blog. I said this was my lucky blog and there you go, I managed to win the US Open.
Many thanks and hope to be back soon.
Rafa


Rafa's final round of Q & A

I feel proud to win, but don't compare me to Federer

Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal answers his final set of questions after a triumphant fortnight at Flushing Meadows.

How does it feel to become the seventh Grand Slam winner in history? Charlene

It feels great. Probably better today than two days ago since I have had the chance to think more about it. I am really happy and proud!

How did you cope with the rain delay? What did you do to pass the time? Z Young

We are used to it. I was playing well, had confidence on my game and the way I was playing so it was not as bad as initially you can think. I simply thought about mistakes and tried to improve.

Will you also have your own tournament in Spain like Novak Djokovic has in Serbia? Cedrine

I don't think so but you never know.

Will a DVD be made of your match with Roger Federer to be sold for charity? Ros W

You will have to ask Carlos about it. I am not aware of it.

Do you think you can beat Roger's total of 16 grand-slam wins? Nik

I don't think so. What Roger has done is very big and difficult to achieve.

Do you really think you will never be better than Federer? Harry G

Yes I do. But I can also say that I will try to keep improving.

Novak Djokovic said "You’re the best" after your win. What's the nicest compliment you have ever been given? Caroline D

We have a great relationship. He is really a nice guy and I thank him for his words. This is probably one of the nicest things I have ever heard, specially since it came right after the final at the press conference too.

What will you do to celebrate? Danesh

I am finally back home and will celebrate with my friends and family simply doing a normal life.


Fan sites where you can get great Rafa news
as well as read in specific threads the Times Online Rafa blog posts
from the US Open 2010

Vamos Brigade
Rafa's Babolat-sponsored forum
It is free to register at these sites and then you can read at your heart's content.
These two fan sites are a great source of up-to-date information


Join Us at Facebook
RAFA-NADAL-BRING-BACK-LONG-PANTS-SLEEVELESS-TOPS

Rafa on facebook

...................................

...................................
The Winning Ending
Uploaded by andreyro97

...................................

...................................
Uploaded by USOPEN

Click on post title for video of June 2009 - Vogue Shoot

...................................

...................................
Uploaded by ATPWorldTour

Two videos originally on this post have been moved to
rafael-nadal-us-open-2010-winner-golden-grand-slam-winner

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home