<body>

Thursday, July 2, 2009

ONE WHO SHINED IN A SHORT LIFE - HEATH LEDGER

..........................................................

..........................................................
A Knights Tale
Tribute to Brian Hegeland, Heath Ledger and Paul Bettany
Uploaded by ilovemylifesblog

My text at my Youtube page accompanying this video:

This film is a great collaborative effort all around. I loved Heath Ledger, and also especially Paul Bettany, then Mark Addy and Alan Tudyk. The second unit was superb. The costumes were great especially, for Shannyn Sossamon's character.

Thinking of Heath
"...And these for whom life has no repose, live at times in their rare moments of happiness with such strength and indescribable beauty, the spray of their moment's happiness is flung so high and dazzingly over the wide sea of suffering, that the light of it, spreading its radiance, touches others too with its enchantment..." Hemann Hesse STEPPENWOLF

All commets welcome. Nothing negative about Heath Ledger will be approved however. He's died and in death, granted respect and grace. On this page at youtube.

Sorry, not democratic, but for me, it it the least I can do to honor Heath's spirit and talent that he shared with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interview with Heath Ledger when A Knights Tale came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gso_r7q69c

Todd Haynes and Heath Ledger regarding I'm Not There
I suggest reading the comment by the poster, while there watching this interview.

Purchase of A Knights Tale
at Amazon.com for reasonable price currently.


A Knights Tale is written, produced and directed by Brian Helgeland, who was born in Providence, Rhode Island.
The outstanding cast list.

The cast includes
Heath Ledger, in his first lead of a movie in the United States
Paul Bettany
Shannyn Sossamon
Mark Addy
Alan Tudyk
Laura Fraser
Rufus Sewell

Heath Ledger imdb page
wikipedia page of Heath_Ledger

The special features of the dvd of A Knights Tales are wonderful. This montage is only a portion of these features.

If Tomorrow Never Comes
Written by: Kent Blazy, Garth Brooks

Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping
She's lost in peaceful dreams
So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark
And the thought crosses my mind
If I never wake up in the morning
Would she ever doubt the way I feel
About her in my heart

If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes

'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life
Who never knew how much I loved them
Now I live with the regret
That my true feelings for them never were revealed
So I made a promise to myself
To say each day how much she means to me
And avoid that circumstance
Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel

If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes

So tell that someone that you love
Just what you're thinking of
If tomorrow never comes

.....................................................

.....................................................
Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway
Cast of Brokeback Mountain
Directed by Ang Lee
Part 3 of 3
The interview by Oprah uploaded by GUNNISONDUDE

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN CAST on OPRAH
Part 1 of 3

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN CAST on OPRAH
Part 2 of 3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE FOUR FEATHERS

The trailer of this outstanding movie

The Four Feathers - Harry's Journey

Special features from the dvd

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Special Features of the DVD's three parts uploaded by springrose147


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My comment left at The Four Feathers' director's Shekhar Kapur website - the page about Heath Ledger

Some are born with a gift to shine a light for the rest of us to touch, connect to and receive their radiant beauty. Heath was one.

I love “The Four Feathers”...I just discovered it recently. I am moved by it and specially so by Heath in it.

"...And these for whom life has no repose, live at times in their rare moments of happiness with such strength and indescribable beauty, the spray of their moment's happiness is flung so high and dazzingly over the wide sea of suffering, that the light of it, spreading its radiance, touches others too with its enchantment..." Hemann Hesse STEPPENWOLF I love this quote and use it as a tribute to those like Heath who transcend the average and lift us up where our souls belong.

Some can move us for all time in just moments. Heath is one. In vital ways, he remains with us. A gift from Life and for our souls. Enriched by seeing in him, our own selves. We are all just a part of the whole of Life. Something about what Heath was able to present turned on a vibrancy in our own inner glow and light. He makes me feel more alive still. Sadness is there, too. But death doesn't end our feelings or relationships with those whose mortal bodies no longer inhale and exhale.

We are blessed by having lived when Heath was here.

Thank you, Shekhar for bringing us “The Four Feathers”. It stays with me. And in this transient world, that is an act of grace. I am grateful for the arts. For in them we humans can radiate and share our best selves.

It is lovely to share here and read the hearts speaking by all who have taken the time to write.

.....................................................


.....................................................
Tribute to Heath Ledger and The Four Feathers
Be Still My Soul
Uploaded by springrose147

.....................................................

.....................................................
Song: If Everyone cared-Nickelback
Clips used:
10 Things I Hate About You
Candy
A Knights Tale
Lord Of Dogstown
Dark Knight
Brokeback Mountain
The Patriot
Order
Ned Kelly
Brothers Grimm
Casanova


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heath Ledger
from wikipedia.org

Heath Ledger was born on 4 April 1979, in Perth, Western Australia, the son of Sally Ledger (néemining engineer, whose family established and owned the Ledger Engineering Foundry.[25][26][27] The Sir Frank Ledger Charitable Trust is named after his great-grandfather.[25] Ledger attended Mary's Mount Primary School, in Gooseberry Hill,[28][29] and later Guildford Grammar School, where he had his first acting experiences, starring in a school production as Peter Pan at age 10.[6][25] His parents separated when he was 10 and divorced when he was 11.[30] Ledger's older sister, Kate, an actress and later a publicist, to whom he was very close, inspired his acting on stage, and his love of Gene Kelly inspired his successful choreography leading to Guildford Grammar's 60-member team's "first all-boy victory" at the Rock Eisteddfod Challenge.[25][31][32][33] Heath's and Kate's other siblings include two half-sisters, Ashleigh Bell (b. 1989), his mother's daughter with her second husband and his stepfather Roger Bell, and Olivia Ledger (b. 1997), his father's daughter with second wife and his stepmother Emma Brown.[34]
Ramshaw), a French teacher, and Kim Ledger, a racing-car driver and

Ledger was an avid chess player, winning Western Australia's junior chess championship at the age of 10.[35][36] As an adult, he often played with other chess enthusiasts at Washington Square Park.[37][38] Allan Scott's film adaptation of the chess-related 1983 novel The Queen's Gambit, by Walter Tevis, which at the time of his death he was planning to both perform in and direct, would have been Ledger's first feature film as a director.[4][39]

In the summer of 2004, he met and began dating actress Michelle Williams on the set of Brokeback Mountain, and their daughter, Matilda Rose, was born on 28 October 2005 in New York City.[43] Matilda Rose's godparents are Ledger's Brokeback co-star Jake Gyllenhaal and Williams' Dawson's Creek castmate Busy Philipps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My categories
1) Heath Ledger
2) Favorite Actors or Movies
youtube playlists

Heath Ledger honored by another fan with a video
Music ~ Arms of An Angel

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home