<body>

Friday, September 26, 2008

NO LEADER CAN SAVE US WITHOUT OUR ENGAGEMENT - WE HAVE A MESS - AND WE HELPED CREATE IT - IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO BLOG, WRITE COMMENTS AND COMPLAIN

COMPLICITY IS NOT SMART

IT'S TIME TO GET SMART


We can say I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE
but that won't fix our mess

We have made this world what it is....one way or another we have done our part. Whether it is that we are not informed or disengaged in our democracy, or we have turned the other way when our elected politicians have been given license by our complicity to reek havoc on our U.S. Constitutional rights and our laissez-faire oversight. Whether we have allowed ourselves to be spoiled and only look as far as our borders, I think it is not an overstatement to say we have a mess on our hands. And no leader can save us without our engagement. We expect everything to fix itself by our complaining, blaming our leaders and not making some tough resolute decisions as individuals who are a nation.

I think it is silly to complain that Sarah Palin isn't being treated fairly by the press. She hardly has been allowed to answer questions by the press. We are being asked to vote for someone who we don't know.

Barack Obama has run an extraordinary campaign. And John McCain hasn't.

And yet, we continue to hear that John McCain has more experience to lead than Barack Obama. Lead what? He hasn't led his campaign well. He has been all over the place with his off-the-hip statements on this Bush bailout. This is no maverick. This is a shoot-off-the-mouth before thinking style. Some may call it "maverick". I call it juvenile.

You know that question "What would Jesus do?" Well, "What would Sarah do?" if she were leading us out of this bailout and the Iraq war? And how would we have any idea of knowing? We don't. Because we have so little idea of who she is and how she governs. If we are to vote for her based on John McCain's selection, i.e. trust his judgment, then well, I don't think that would be smart.

I spend more time on research on buying a televsion, a car than we have been allowed to do on Sarah Palin. Well, I have access to this internet and have done my homework, but most USA citizens want to be spoon fed. I have read and heard so many times that Barack Obama hasn't told them what he is going to do with the economy or whatever else subject, but the very person saying that has done no research on Senator Obama's stands. I have. It is there.

And no one could have a detailed plan that the average get-me-through-the-day USA citizen would sit still for about this ecomony disaster. Besides no one worth his or her salt would spell out a detailed plan because there is so much that is unknown from a President's need-to-know position to do that intelligently. This mess didn't just crop up - it is deep and it has a covert information that must be known first.

Besides that, the average American can't handle the truth, in my opinion. We don't want to hear the truth.

Raise taxes? It is my understanding that we have already bailed out (during the Bush haze and daze) to the tune of
$25 Billion
$85 Billion
$ 200 Billion
and this $700 Billion will be more like $ One Trillion

Do you know how much the Iraq War Price Tag is? Look on my sidebar - it is continually increasing.

I need $50,000. But I have no taxpayers to bail me out. And isn't that the rub?
...............................................

...............................................
Network - "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore"
Peter Finch wins best actor due to this speech
Uploaded by conserv8

...............................................

...............................................
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Sung by Eva Cassidy
from Washington, D.C.
Uploaded by CasaLucita

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2008 at 11:57:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! I applaud you. This is a great piece. Straight from the heart. And to the point. So well written. I can't vote. But I hope and pray that people like you can bring this country back to where it belong.

 
At September 28, 2008 at 4:59:00 AM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

It is always a rare pleasure to get a comment and yours are special to me. I thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home