<body>

Thursday, May 15, 2008

RAFAEL NADAL TO PLAY CARLOS MOYA ON CLAY MAY 16, 08

Rafa went as far as the Semi-Finals in Indian Wells 2008

Rafa was in the Final at Miami, Florida 2008

Rafa won at the Davis Cup in Bremen, Germany 2008
.............................................


.............................................
Slideshow of Rafa in Monte-Carlo
Rafa won the final in Monte-Carlo 2008
.............................................


.............................................



.............................................



.............................................



.............................................
Four slideshows of Rafa in Barcelona
Rafa won the final in Barcelona 2008

With blisters and open cut on his foot he lost in Round 2
in Rome 2008

Rafa is currently in the quarter finals in Hamburg, Germany

Before the Nadal and Starace match in Hamburg May 13, 08

Some of the Round 2match with Rafa and Starace in Hamburg

Another upload of part of the Round 2 match Nadal d Starace in Hamburg

.............................................................


.............................................................
Rafa's Interview after Starace and Nadal match
Round 2 Rafael Nadal defeated Potito Starace. 6-4, 7-6 in Hamburg, Germany
From: RafaNadalCHANNEL


Round 3 portion of Rafael Nadal d Andy Murray 6-3 in Hamburg, Germany

May 14, 2008

World Tennis News

Birthday bashing for Murray

Thursday, 15 May, 2008

Happy returns were in short supply for Andy Murray at the Hamburg Masters as he was predictably outclassed 6-3 6-2 by an imperious Rafael Nadal on his 21st birthday.

Despite showing flashes of the form that saw him dispatch Dmitry Tursunov and Gilles Simon earlier this week, and which suggested he was getting to grips with clay, the undisputed king of the surface was simply too good.

Murray began strongly by holding serve to love in the opening game, but an horrific smash into the net set the tone for his next attempt as Nadal gratefully accepted the first of two break points.

At the same event where he badly injured his wrist last year, the Scot appeared to be troubled by a left knee problem and had no answer to his opponent's fearsome and unerringly accurate hitting in the early stages.

The British number one saved a first set point on his serve in the ninth game, but two weak forehands into the net offered second and third chances to Nadal - the latter converted when the birthday boy volleyed long to concede the first set 6-3.

Murray immediately hit back, however, to claim a first break in the opening game of the second set, but Nadal instantly got back on terms to reassert his superiority.

Nadal clinched a second break in the fourth game, sealed with a looping forehand up the line which brushed the chalk, to move into an ominous 3-1 lead.

The Spaniard had a first match point on Murray's serve in the eighth, and although that was saved, another forehand into the net put an end to the Briton's preparations for Roland Garros.

Nadal, who has now won all three of the pair's meetings, will face compatriot Carlos Moya in the quarter-finals.

PA Sport
Source: Wimbledon

Hamburg, 15 May 2008

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Murray 6:3, 6:2

Q: Are you more pleased with your game today than yesterday?

NADAL: Yes, sure, I'm much better now. I played much better than yesterday, practicing today morning. For sure, it is 50% better. I had more confidence today, feeling the ball much better and for sure playing more inside the court, having more control with the forehand, serving better too. So, it was a good match for me.

Q: What do you think was different to the previous meetings with Andy?

NADAL: It's always tough matches with Andy. Especially when he's playing well on hard court. If I am playing well on clay then I have more chances to beat him than if I play him on hard. Anyway, he is a very talented player. He can play, go to the net, play from the baseline, he can do everything. He had some mistakes. So, I beat him.

Q: So are you close to your best level?

NADAL: I don't know where my best level is. I am fine, I am playing well. That is the most important thing. I don't know if I'm close to my best level because you never know what is your best level. But I'm happy how I played today and plan to continue to play better tomorrow.

Q: How good do you think he can become on a clay court?

NADAL: He needs more tournaments I think, more practice. For sure, he can play well because his ball is not very flat. He has good control with the forehand, he serves well. He can go to the net, can slice the ball. If he continues to improve, he has a good chance to have a very good tournament in Roland Garros or in Monte Carlo, Rome, Hamburg.

Q: You fought very well, so is it okay with the feet?

NADAL: Yes. I'm fine. I don't feel 100% perfect because I feel it a little bit, but for sure it's enough.

Q: What caused the blister in Rome? The surface?

NADAL: No, I had the blister. The problem was the final in Barcelona. I didn't know when I was playing but during the night when I woke up at six in the morning to go to Rome, I tried to put the foot on the floor and I couldn't. That was the first moment when I felt the problem. Finally, I tried my best, working hard to try and recover before I arrived, but it was not possible.

Q: Have you had those blisters before?

NADAL: No. First time in the foot. In the hands, a lot of times.



Center Court starting at 11:00 a.m. Hamburg, Germany time
6 hours ahead of USA eastern standard time

Simon ASPELIN (SWE) & Julian KNOWLE (AUT)
vs.
Daniel NESTOR (CAN) & Nenad ZIMONJIC (SCG)

followed by
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs. Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)

followed by
Albert MONTANES (ESP) vs. Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)

followed by
Nicolas KIEFER (GER) vs. Andreas SEPPI (ITA)

followed by
Carlos MOYA (ESP) vs. Rafael NADAL (ESP)

followed by
Thomas MUSTER (AUT) vs. Michael STICH (GER)

For the best and most current collection of Rafa and his matches:
www.rafaelnadal.com

Free live streaming:
www.tvunetworks.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home