<body>

Sunday, March 9, 2008

FOR WHOM THE red phone BELL TOLLS

OOPS. THE EXPERIENCE OF MAKING A PRESIDENTIAL AD
FOUND EXPERIENCE ISN'T ALWAYS ENOUGH


..........................................................................

..........................................................................
"COME ON BABY LET'S TWIST AGAIN" ~ THE RED PHONE TWIST

Seventeen year old Casey Knowles is the sleeping child in the Hillary Clinton Red Phone Ad. The footage used is stock footage, not shot for this particular ad, but filmed 8 years ago and owned by Getty Images. Casey had no idea that she was "starring" in the ad, until she saw it on TV. She was a bit disconcerted when she saw it, as she is a staunch Barack Obama supporter. Casey thinks "it would be really wonderful if Barack Obama and I could get together and make a nice counter ad".

John Donne's quotation from a work, in which he explores the interconnectedness of humanity: For whom the bell tolls...

However, First Things First
First let’s talk middle names. Do you know what Hillary Clinton’s middle name is? And I don’t mean her maiden name as a middle name. Do you know what John McCain’s middle name is?

Everyone must know by now that a middle name is vitally important to picking a Presidential candidate.

I don’t mean that seriously. But since so many keep using Barack’s middle name, Hussein, in order to scare up votes for Hillary Dianne Clinton and John Sidney McCain I did a quick search for meanings of the three middle names.

Hussein means "Good, handsome or beautiful". King Hussein of Jordan is generally admired by the United States of America.

Diane is a French version of the old Latin name Diana. Diana, In roman mythology, was the goddess of the moon. She was also the goddess of hunting. Diana lived in the forest with her maidens; she was pictured as a beautiful virgin, and men who tried to approach her or harm her favorite animals were punished. Source

Sidney means "wide, well-watered land".

Barack means “Blessed” and derives from Africa or the Hebrew heritage.

Hillary means “Hilarious, cheerful” and is used for both men and women.

John means "YAHWEH is gracious". Yahweh is another name for God.

While I was at it I looked up my name, Sandra and after a few quick link checks I found this: Greek, Form of Alexander and means “Defender of mankind”. But nevermind, I would never want to be President.

My middle name means “Rejoice” and the origin is also Greek like my first name. Cool.

Secondly, Clinton Political Ad Actor
Sleeping Child in the Red Phone Ad Plans to Vote for Obama in November

Local Obama supporter shocked to see herself in Hillary ad

Saturday, March 8, 2008

By ELISA HAHN / KING 5 News

BONNEY LAKE, Wash. – The political ad that sparked nationwide controversy turns out to have a surprising local connection.

One of the actors in the Hillary Clinton ad was shocked to see herself, especially because she's a fierce supporter of Barack Obama.

The so-called "red-phone ad" was played all over the country and helped turn the tide for Hillary Clinton leading up to her big win in Ohio. The ad shows a sleeping child and asks voters who they would want to see answering a 3 a.m. emergency phone call to the White House.

But the young girl starring in the ad will actually be voting age next month and says she's no fan of Hillary Clinton.

Thursday night, the Knowles family of Bonney Lake, Wash., watched the Jon Stewart Show and saw the ad for the first time.

"I looked and saw a girl that looked like my sister and we rewound it and sure enough it was my sister," said Brady Knowles.

The first girl in the ad is young Casey Knowles. It's stock footage from eight years ago when she worked as a TV extra - footage owned now by Getty Images and used by the Clinton campaign.

But they couldn't have picked a more unwilling star.

"It's really sort of ironic that my image would be used to advocate for Hillary when I myself do not," said Casey.

She may only be 17, but Casey has some very strong political opinions. She turns 18 - legal voting age - in April, in plenty of time before the general election.

"It's perfect timing because I have a candidate that I really identify with," she said.

"I've been campaigning for Barack Obama for a few months now," she said. "I was actually a precinct captain at the caucuses a few months ago. I attended his rally a few months ago and I'm a very, very avid supporter."

In a conference call Saturday afternoon, Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe gladly accepted the endorsement.

"We think that the young actress in that stock footage who's now supporting us has got sound judgment as to who the strongest commander in chief would be," he said.

The Knowles family admit they have no control over how the footage is used. And while they see the humor of it all, they are mildly annoyed.

"I think it would be really wonderful if me and Barack Obama could get together and make a nice counter ad," she laughed.

Despite all of this, Casey Knowles admits if Clinton wins the party's nomination, she will vote for her. Source: www.king5.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hillary’s Sleeping Child Supports Obama
by Doug Mataconis
March 8, 2008.

One of the children shown in Hillary Clinton’s 3:00am ad is a Barack Obama supporter:

BONNEY LAKE, Wash. – The political ad that sparked nationwide controversy turns out to have a surprising local connection.

One of the actors in the Hillary Clinton ad was shocked to see herself, especially because she’s a fierce supporter of Barack Obama.

The so-called “red-phone ad” played a big role in Clinton’s win in Texas, suggesting Barack Obama is too inexperienced to handle a national crisis.
But the young girl starring in the ad will actually be voting age next month and says she’s no fan of Hillary Clinton.

Thursday night, the Knowles family of Bonney Lake, Wash., watched the John Stewart Show and saw the ad for the first time.

“I looked and saw a girl that looked like my sister and we rewound it and sure enough it was my sister,” said Brady Knowles.

The first girl in the ad is young Casey Knowles. It’s stock footage from 8 years ago when she worked as a TV extra - footage owned now by Getty Images and used by the Clinton campaign
And Casey knows who she’d like to have answering that phone:
“It’s really sort of ironic that my image would be used to advocate for Hillary when I myself do not,” said Casey.

She may only be 17, but Casey has some very strong political opinions. She turns 18 - legal voting age - in April, in plenty of time before the general election.

“It’s perfect timing because I have a candidate that I really identify with,” she said.
“I’ve been campaigning for Barack Obama for a few months now,” she said. “I was actually a precinct captain at the caucuses a few months ago. I attended his rally a few months ago and I’m a very, very avid supporter.”
Source: belowthebeltway.com

After this week of topsy-turvy, this is a good end to the week.
We Can Work it Out

Thirdly, New Candidate Tim Calhoun announced on Saturday Night Live
He plans a Cow College and will start teaching the word “moo”. It was hilarious. Maybe he should change his name to Hillary.
Photobucket


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home