<body>

Friday, October 12, 2007

HUMANS WHO MAKE ME PROUD TO BE HUMAN

Oh, my goodness!! Another place to get videos other than the world of youtube. Thanks Red7Eric. I wish I knew how Eric does his links just by one word and not the whole address. Anyway, this is great audio and visual quality:
..................................................

..................................................
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2psw1_luciano-pavarotti-nessun-dorma_events

I remember how it felt when I was in Europe my first time - all on the encouragement of Peter. I went alone for 6 weeks and no plans really - just a Eurailpass. The train stopped at Avignon, France at the end of the day and I got off. Boys and girls, was I surprised to find myself in the middle of their glorious festival. I felt then - "I love being a part of this human race!" Some stranger walked by me one dark night in the plaza and said "Do you want to see something magnificent?" I followed him inside an outside performance area and sat in the aisle floor - and there I was lifted up to this wonderful place of pure delight and joy - the National Cuban Ballet Company was performing jazz dancing. I will never forget that moment, that night and the feeling. Thanks to someone I never saw again who let me in for nothing. Nothing but my gratitude that he never heard.

Anyway, I thought of that when I saw this video of Luciano Pavarotti conducted by Zubin Mehta. I hope you have a moment in your life like mine sometime. Those are the moments that life becomes LIFE!

http://red7eric.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2007 at 11:12:00 PM EDT , Blogger Red Seven said...

Wow, that's so nice of you! And the Pavarotti clip -- wow, what the world has lost since his passing. At least he lived in an age where we've got him captured on tape. Gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home