<body>

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

PROVIDENCE RHODE ISLAND CARES ABOUT DARFURI PEOPLE

Come on, President Bush live up to your claimed Christian values and do what Jesus taught through a parable in Matthew 25 : 41-45.

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'


.......................................................


.......................................................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzfl7vJzge0

October 27, 2007
Providence, Rhode Island
Carry the Torch for Darfur
Torch Relay
Ceremony
Walk the Waterfire for Darfur
The Beijing Summer 2008 Olympics
will open 08-08-08 at 8:00 p.m. *
with the theme
ONE WORLD, ONE DREAM
On *that night will the Darfuri people still be being raped, murdered
with the underwriting of the Chinese oil companies in Sudan
and with the weapons from China?
Will the Darfuri people still be starving to death
because the Sudanese-sponsored genocide and janjaweed have continued to burn
down their houses, stolen their livestock and forbid them to go home?
Will the international aides groups still be pulling out for lack
of security and safety, therefore
leaving the already extremely vulnerable Darfuri people
even more vulnerable?

Will the world continue to ONCE (not never) AGAIN
turn its eyes away and do the WRONG THING AGAIN?

HOW MANY GENOCIDES DOES IT TAKE
TO END THE HUMANITY OF THE HUMAN RACE?

SHAME ON US ALL.

WE ARE DEFINED BY THIS ONE HUMAN BEHAVIOR THAT
WE ALLOW TO HAPPEN
AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND....


Find a Dream for Darfur event at
www.savedarfur.org
or
http://www.savedarfur.org/page/content/torchrun

Be the Champion your government direly needs you to be
Because the government has failed us
and so has the "Free" Press
who would rather tell us about the same stories over and over
instead of telling us the world's news.

There are news outlets on the internet where you can
get global news that includes better coverage of what is
going on even in our country, the USA.

www.enoughproject.org/
www.bbc.co.uk/
www.sudan.net
www.aljazeera.com/

We the People have the Power
But it doesn't work without you and I being Proactive.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2007 at 3:45:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your site through your comments on Eric(red7)blog. Congratulations on the torch relay! I think that's fantastic and really shows where your motivations translate into action. For so many people the issue is so overwhelming they don't know where to start. Your action will hopefully inspire them.

I try to write often about the situation occurring in Africa, and in January some friends and I are organizing an information/Q & A session in a Toronto library for people who would like to contribute to the cause through reading, writing, and literature.

Anyway, you just found yourself a reader!

PS I was hoping I could post a link to your site. (I always like to ask first).

 
At October 9, 2007 at 4:45:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Hello Al,

PLease, tell me more about your library idea. It sounds very interesting to me.

I would be thrilled to have you post a link to my site. I would love to visit your site. I can add you to my Technorati favorites if you like.

I love readers here, but four times more, I like readers who leave a comment!

Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home