<body>

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

SCOOTER LIBBY, MARTHA STEWART, OJ SIMPSON, GW BUSH AND JUSTICE

I have basic questions about the President of the United States removing Scooter Libby's, the Vice-President's Former Chief of Staff, sentence. Tell me again why Martha Stewart went to prison? Tell me why Scooter Libby isn't going to prison? I don't know the complete details about either one of these people's legal stories, but I do know when I feel my sense of justice is being disrepected and made a sideshow.

Link to Scooter Libby’s trial timeline:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,22010049-601,00.html

Link to Martha Stewart’s trial:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/stewart/index.html

Link to the OJ Simpson trial:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/simpson.htm

Martha Stewart did nothing in her role to harm our national government and yet she went to prison and had to wear an ankle monitor while at her home. Scooter Libby and his boss, Dick Cheney, make me feel like I've been taken as a fool. I don't see how the President of the United States wins in commuting or throwing out the sentence for Scooter Libby. What use is the court of law if the President can break it himself? President Bush lies to the American people and he gets away with it. Where's the outrage? This man, we were told, is a great unifier. I don't think that is true. He is, however, a great divider.

It's who you know. Martha Stewart didn't work for Dick Cheney. Okay, supposedly she lied. But George Bush lies repeatedly and he gets a pass. This just sticks in my throat.

Then there’s the over-publicized court case of OJ Simpson. Innocent? Really? Is this court thing really working? I mean it’s a nice idea. But isn’t it a requirement to have people of honesty and integrity running these “nice ideas”?

I need to have just a little chance to think our courts of so-called justice have some shred of dignity. What a disaster to have a President and Vice-President who are so confounded about right and wrong, justice, compassion and history. The saying “if you can’t lead, get out of the way” comes to mind.

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

STOP AND PREVENT GENOCIDE

Darfur Families Need Our Attention and Action NOW

IT’S THE HUMANE THING TO DO

“Never Again” means what exactly?

www.savedarfur.org

www.genocideintervention.net

www.sudandivestment.com

www.aiusa.org

www.ajws.org

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

I

Plan to Vote for Barack Obama


http://www.barackobama.com/

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 4, 2007 at 5:02:00 AM EDT , Blogger Adalynn said...

i just wanted to say you have a very interesting blog, not alot of sites can keep me on there for more then 2 minutes but i found myself losing track of time on yours...keep up the good job with and i will definetly be back to read more

 
At July 4, 2007 at 4:45:00 PM EDT , Blogger ilovemylife said...

Oh, thanks!! How nice of you to take the time to say so.

My writing is personal. At times, brave. I'm over that threshhold that keeps me from daring to be me. I figure if I can stop being afraid to be me in the presence of family members who have for too long used fear and manipulation on me, then I'm ready to stop being afraid in all of my life. And speak about it.

I am drawn to people who are not afraid to be themselves unabashedly. Nothing draws me like the truth.

You lifted my day up even more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home