<body>

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

“……AND YOU STILL HAVE PASSION. THAT MATTERS MORE."



At

http://amazinggracemovie.com/

download "The Story of Amazing Grace"

I did. I enjoyed it very much.




This is a painting that I did using a photograph from the Oprah website of when she went to
South Africa
for the Christmas Kindness show. It is a water color and I won Honorable Mention at a juried art show with the Portsmouth Arts Guild in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.


Visit the Amazing Change Website



Lines from the movie, Amazing Grace:

“……and you still have passion. That matters more.” Barbara to William Wilberforce


“Great men are spoken about when it’s to do with violence, such as Napoleon and return to pomp. Rarely do they speak of men of peace. William Wilberforce, however, will return to his family with head on pillow, knowing the slave trade is no more – making a better world.….” Thomas Clarkson

I love this movie, AMAZING GRACE, so-o much. The cast, the story, the acting, the music. I majored in music because of what it does to my soul. I have my B.S. and M.M. in music. And it is not the degrees that I have, but the power of music that reaches in and takes a hold of me like nothing else. I remember as a young person sitting in church and sometimes I didn’t listen to the sermon, but the songs were what grabbed a hold of my spirit and moved me. And it’s no different today. I love, love, love music. I am the music and the music is me. I know that I am a passionate person. More than others. People let me know this continually by their reaction to my passionate way of emoting and being. Some may not feel . . . I don’t know, maybe, comfortable around such passion – but others seem to be drawn to it. I can’t be any other way.

I love who I am and my passionate way of living my life is a huge part of that. I am speaking at the Unitarian Universalist Channing Memorial Church March 18 and yesterday I met with the two who are in charge of planning the entire service for two hours after a very interesting all music church service. This is a Unitarian Church so the music included songs such as Embraceable You, Imagine, Standing in the Need of Prayer, Over the Rainbow, Take Five, Catch a Falling Star, Nine Ma Tov and a trumpet solo playing Taps! Anyway, I will be the guest speaker on the 18th of March and the topic is Darfur and the Genocide. My passion was seemingly too much for one of the participants, however I have witnessed her in an altered state of excitement at one time, so I’m not sure what it all meant that she didn’t welcome my spirit of joy. I am so happy in my life and it shows. When I left I heard myself softly say to myself, “Well, I don’t care if she doesn’t like my happiness, I like my happiness.” I am doing what I feel destined to do in speaking out against the genocide and when aligned with the universe, I think the happiness just comes from the well of just-being-all-right-with-LIFE.

I found this wonderful Youtube video tonight. I have been looking since I saw AMAZING GRACE last Friday, February 23, opening day of the movie here in the United States for a special video of this song. See if you like this.




The photos of Ioan Gruffudd above are from

http://lost-for-jack.livejournal.com/179922.html

If you want to read some very interesting reviews or interviews regarding this film, AMAZING GRACE and Ioan Gruffudd check out this link:

http://s177430995.onlinehome.us/amazing_grace/newsite/community/viewtopic.php?t=21


Here is the link to My Topic, “Did you see AMAZING GRACE opening day? Did it move you?” at the Amazing Grace movie website:

http://www.amazinggracemovie.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=62



<:<:<:<: "The strong can not expect the weak to placate >:>:>:>:

them and call it healing."
........Sandra Hammel, aka ilovemylife


Don’t let weeds grow around your dreams.
........From H. Jackson Brown, Jr.’s
........Life’s Little Instructon Book. Volume 2

<:<:<:<: “We are All the Keepers of Justice. <:<:<:<:
OR not.”
........Sandra Hammel, aka ilovemylife

peacepeacepeacepeacepeacepeacepeacepeacewillnotworkif
justonemanaliveisunjustignoranthungrycrazyashamedJosephPintauro
:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:
"The Glory of God is Man Fully Alive." St. Irenaeus of Lyons
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We think of religious activity as directed toward God - instead of man.

We believe in someone divine rather than in ourselves.

Maybe we have turned religion inside-out." Please Touch Edwin M. McMahon & Peter A. Campbell

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>::>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there!
This was an amazing movie. I'm glad that you saw it as such as well.
Thanks for stopping by my LiveJournal site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home