<body>

Monday, January 7, 2013

NEED YOUR SPIRITS LIFTED? LISTEN TO THE MUSIC OF IL VOLO


Il Volo
Gianluca Ginoble, Piero Barone, Ignazio Boschetto.

If you had been in my virtual life recently, you would have no doubt had heard me rave about Il Volo.

Here is a favorite song of a difficult choice to make, as I love so much so many of their songs.  I don't really dislike any song they have done.




With English lyrics included:



The ages of Il Volo as listed on their latest CD, We Are Love: Piero Barone (19), Ignazio Boschetto (18) and Gianluca Ginoble (17).  I believe Gianluca turns 18, February 11, 2013.

I have spent more hours than I would like to admit listening and watching multiple youtube videos of their interviews, music since their becoming Il Volo, the group.  But I also like seeing the videos of them in talent performances as soloists before their career took off together.  Ignazio Boschetto sings in the following videos when younger.
..........................

..........................
 Ignazio Boschetto sings  Luna
 Also sung by Alessandro Safina 
..........................

..........................
Ignazio Boschetto sings on Italian Talent Show, Ti Lascio Una Canzone  - La Nostra Favola
Tom Jones' Delilah
 .........................

 .......................... -->
Ignazio Boschetto sings Miserere 2008 
  ..........................
 ..........................   
Ignazio Boschetto sings Il mare calmo della sera 2008 

  ..........................  

 ..........................  

Ignazio Boschetto sang Quando l'amore diventa poesia for the TV talent show Ti lascio una canzone in 2009

Ignazio sings Tu che m'hai preso il cuor


My playlists of Il Volo videos at Youtube.

I have given CDs to friends and piano students. A friend, Fernanda, who grew up in Lisbon, Portugal, like me, now, is so in love with their music.  When she played the Il Volo CD that I gave her on the way to the work, she called me the next day to say that she almost got lost (as she was so enjoying the music).  I had never heard her get so excited.  When I went into the local "record" shop on Thames Street in Newport, Rhode Island before Christmas, I was curious if they had any CDs of Il Volo. According to a staff person, many people had been asking for their CD.  They only had one CD left and it was the older one, their self-named  Il Volo CD.  When I checked out the DVD live concert from the Detroit Opera House, the librarian said he had seen their PBS special (the very DVD that I was checking out) and that it was very good.  And he typically shows no change in his voice inflection. Again, when I let my friend, Fernanda borrow the DVD of the live concert in Detroit at the Opera House, she called to tell me she loved it and that her husband had to sit down to watch too.

This is what got them noticed by Tony Remis:


I love them because their music makes me feel great.  They are cute, becoming handsome as they get older. You can understand the lyrics, the musical arrangements are integral elements to the spirit of their expressive singing. It is clear they love the music which simply makes it infectious. There apparently is a universal response to such music, because all ages turn out loving their music.

I have enjoyed watching their interviews and seeing them grow up before our eyes.  They are charming, honest and full of heart that they are willing to share with the world.

From Il Volo's wikipedia page ~

Piero Barone was born on June 24, 1993, in Naro (pop. 8,700), province of Agrigento, Sicily, in southern Italy.

Ignazio Boschetto was born in Bologna, Emilia Romagna, in northern Italy on October 4, 1994, and grew up in Marsala, Sicily (pop. 82,700).

Gianluca Ginoble was born on February 11, 1995, in Roseto degli Abruzzi (province of Teramo), in the Abruzzo region of central Italy. He grew up and continues to live in the nearby hilltop town of Montepagano (pop. 1,207).

The name of the trio was changed to Il Volo in the fall of 2010.

Today arrived in my mailbox~

Self-named CD - Espanol ~ Il Volo
We  Are Love
Live in  Concert at the Detroit Opera House - DVD

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home