<body>

Friday, February 18, 2011

COLIN FIRTH ~ TOM FORD'S A SINGLE MAN ~ USES THE VISUAL MEDIUM IN A MOST ARTFUL WAY

I saw The King's Speech during the Christmas holidays and I did like it very much. But it seems good things can be talked about so much that they lose some of their vitality just because they are over exposed.

Then there are other gems, that don't get the attention that they deserve...are under-appreciated by the "masses". A Single Man is one of those movies.

Awards

Synopsis

.....................................................

.....................................................

"A few times in my life I've had moments of absolute clarity, when for a few brief seconds the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think, and things seem so sharp and the world seems so fresh. I can never make these moments last. I cling to them, but like everything, they fade. I have lived my life on these moments. They pull me back to the present, and I realize that everything is exactly the way it was meant to be."

.....................................................
.....................................................


Piers Morgan tonight asked Colin Firth if The King's Speech is his favorite movie that he has been in....and not really wanting to lock himself in, especially because he has more movies in the future....he said, maybe, then he mentioned A Single Man as perhaps the other movie that stands out for him.

It is beautifully done...Tom Ford's directorial debut. A Single Man is based on the novel of the same name by Christopher Isherwood. The film stars Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Nicholas Hoult and Matthew Goode. The screenplay was adapted by Tom Ford and David Scearce.

Kenny and George talk and go swimming in A Single Man
Kenny: So all your experience is useless?
George: No, I wouldnt say that. As our friend Mr. Huxley says: Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.

Another A Single Man clip can be found by clicking the post title.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home