<body>

Monday, January 17, 2011

'THOU HOLY ART, I GIVE MY LIFE TO THEE ~ TRIBUTE TO PAUL WARREN ALLEN

In appreciation

Tribute to Paul Warren Allen

December 31, 1913 December 4, 2010

Recorded at North Central College on Pfeiffer Hall’s stage in Naperville, Illinois in the Spring of 1968

.........................................................
.........................................................

To Music


Franz Schubert


Thou lovely art, my joy and consolation,

Whose wondrous power drives all our care away,

Thou hast my heart throughout my life’s duration,

The world rejoices in thy magic sway,

The world rejoices in thy magic sway.


I sounded all the forms of human pleasure,

But thou art better than all else to me,

Thou art a part of heaven’s richest treasure,

Thou holy art I give my life to thee,

Thou holy art I give my life to thee.

1875 oil painting by Wilhelm August Rieder of Franz Schubert

Other music selections from the record, that at this time, have been made into tributes to Maestro Allen can all be found at ~

Paul Warren Allen Dies at 96 Saturday, December 4, 2010

The separate uploaded selections can be found at ~

Dichterliebe - Art Songs" ~ Robert Schumann or at Vimeo ~ Dichterliebe

The Eyes of All Wait Upon Thee by Jean Berger

I Am the True Vine, arranged by Salli Terri

It's May , Robert Schumann's "Art Song"

Warum ist das licht gegeben dem muhseligen (opus 74, 1877) by Johannes Brahms

The remaining songs will be uploaded at some future date.

.........................................................
.........................................................

After making a video tribute to Conductor Paul Warren Allen, using many photos of Leonard Bernstein in it because I wanted to show the passion of a conductor in light of Conductor Allen's style of conducting (and having no video or pictures of him conducting), I have had my interest in Leonard Bernstein revived. Here is a great video of Bernstein speaking of creativity- having wings to fly on - believing in that kind of creativity.


A Favorite quote ~

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you, not to be? ...Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest that which is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. Marianne Williamson in Return to Love.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home