<body>

Friday, August 27, 2010

WHY DO I DO THAT?

I love to write, whether it be in my personal journals, here on the blog, or on scraps of paper. I love to dance. I love to sing, I love to play the piano. I love to make videos. I love to photograph about everything.

But, what happens is that the things I love don't get done because, though they now make it on my list of "to do", I do the things that I don't love first. Why do I do that? The things, that when I die, won't matter that they got done are the things that crowd out what makes me feel full, most free, thrilled to be alive. There is no time left to do what I love because of my pattern of daily behavior.

Why do I do that?

Here's a little thing I did that is part of those things I love.
......................................................

IF WE ONLY HAVE LOVE ~ QUAND ON A QUE L'AMOUR from ilovemylifesblog on Vimeo.


......................................................
If you double click the video it will enlarge. To get it to return to the small size, click the esc key on your keyboard.

NOTE: I don't know what is going on with the internet. I don't think it is my computer. My videos aren't loading on the blog, Facebook is haywire, my emails won't load....you get the idea. So, you may have to click on the video link to see it, until the internet feels better.

Recorded at home with very minimal knowledge of Apple's Garage Band. No sound editing. Roland FP-4 keyboard. External microphone used for keyboard and vocal.

Lyrics

If we only have love
then tomorrow will dawn
and the days of our years
will rise on that morn'

if we only have love
to embrace without fears
we will kiss with our eyes
we will sleep without tears

if we only have love
with our arms open wide
then the young and the old
will stand at our side

if we only have love
love that's falling like rain
then the parch desert Earth
will grow green again

if we only have love
for the hymn that we shout
for the song that we sing
then we'll have a way out

If we only have love
we can reach those in pain
we can heal all our wounds
we can use our own names

if we only have love
we can melt all the guns
and then give the new world
to our daughters and sons

if we only have love
then Jerusalem stands
and then death has no shadow
there are no foreign lands

if we only have love
we will never bow down
we'll be tall as the pines
neither heroes nor clowns

if we only have love
then we'll only be men
and we'll drink from the grail
to be born once again
then with nothing at all
but the little we are
we'll have conquered all time,
all space,
the sun
and the stars

~ For Jacques and Claudette of France ~

Song composed by Jacques Brel.
Keyboard and vocal: Sandra Hammel

Video and photos by Sandra Hammel
in Newport, Rhode Island, USA
Narragansett Bay, Brenton Cove, Eastons Beach (statue), Newport (Pell) Bridge, opening with hollyhocks blooming along a sidewalk of a Newport Street .

♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩

Heath Ledger had a musician friend, Ben Harper. Below is Ben Harper's "band".

These young people have no problem following their passions, apparently
..................................................................

Fistful of Mercy from Fistful of Mercy on Vimeo.


..................................................................
If you double click the video it will enlarge. To get it to return to the small size, click the esc key on your keyboard.
Fistful of Mercy
Ben Harper, Joseph Arthur, Dhani Harrsion
Fistful of Mercy

Live

West Seattle scene: Fistful of Mercy a traffic-stopper at Easy Street

Source for below

Earlier this week, we introduced you to Fistful Of Mercy, a brand new super group consisting of Ben Harper, Dhani Harrison, and Joseph Arthur. However, other than the names of the parties involved, we didn’t any other details, such as what the band had planned or even what they sounded like. Hell, if you didn’t know who was involved and only saw the band’s name, you’d probably think we were talking about someone on this year’s Warped Tour bill.

Well, the trio made their debut performance on Tuesday in Los Angeles, which was then broadcast on KCRW yesterday. You can find video from both events below. As you’ll see, Fistful Of Mercy are anything but a death metal band. In fact, it’s pretty evident why Pop & Hiss described them as “a quirkier take on the Crosby, Stills and Nash model,” who collide “folk, blues, eccentric pop and gorgeous three-part vocal harmonies.”

So when can we expect to hear more from Fistful Of Mercy? According to Pop & Hiss, the trio’s debut LP, titled As I Call You Down, will arrive on October 5th via Harrison’s Hot Records West label. There’s no word yet on additional touring, but we have to assume more dates will be coming.

As mentioned, you can watch the band performing three cuts below. A full stream of the KCRW broadcast is available here.

♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩ ♫♬♩

Clicking post title will take you to Cherokee Morning Song


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home