<body>

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

STORIES ARE IMPORTANT AND YOU WON'T READ THIS STORY IN ANY NEWSPAPER TOMORROW MORNING

GENOCIDE ISN'T A SUBJECT
THAT PERPETRATORS

WANT US TO BE CURIOUS ABOUT


AND THEY HAVE PRETTY MUCH HAD THEIR WAY


AND OUR COMPLICITY IS NECESSARY

AND OUR SILENCE IS NECESSARY

AND OUR NOT HOLDING PERPETRATORS ACCOUNTABLE IS NECESSARY

TO HAVE AN ON-GOING GENOCIDE FOR OVER FIVE YEARS

AND THAT IS WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN SUDAN



I am just a person who believes like most informed people of this planet that there is a genocide that has been going on for too long upon our brothers and sisters of Darfur, Sudan. The U.S. government has called it genocide since 2004. I most recently wrote about it at this post And We've Known It Is Genocide and Yet.

I am an ordinary person who has taken this human rights cause on since 2004. I give speeches about this issue in my state, have lobbied my U.S. Senators and Representatives and President Bush repeatedly about it, attended and volunteered at national rallies in Washington, D.C. and Central Park in New York City, organized a Rhode Island Dream For Darfur Torch Relay and Ceremony in conjunction with the International effort of Torch Relays in countries that have had and are having genocides reign over their people, as well as other countries around the world, written many letters to the editors published in my local newspaper in Rhode Island, The Newport Daily News, blogged about this on-going crime, been an active member of


www.savedarfur.org

www.genocideintervention.net

attended the 2007 national STAND conference of

www.standnow.org


and as a community activist leader of www.savedarfur.org I receive updated information almost daily from the non-profit organization, but also from a Darfuri man, Mohamed Suleiman who has daily contact with those on the ground in Sudan and Chad. He keeps me and other citizen activists informed about the current crimes and torture that we would otherwise not know. Today, I received this email from him:

I was asked to work as a Darfuri in Radio Afia Darfur
in September 2008.

Radio Afia Darfur is operated from MBN (Middle East
Broadcast Network) facility in Virginia. The Radio
program
is funded by a grant from the U.S. State
Department
to the BBG (Broadcasting Board of
Government - U.S.
Congress).


I moved from California
to Virginia while leaving my
family and shutting
down my business.

At work, I found out that the 2 editors, who are in the
Darfur department are from the Nile North of Sudan:
1-Elzubair O. Altyeb (same tribe as Al-Bashir).
2- Zahrat Abuzeid (from the far Nile North).

Their region is very important when it comes to
Darfur.

From day one and on following days and months
they
made it clear to us that:

1- Darfur is humanitarian problem, not genocide
and no
ethnic targeting.

2- IDP (internal displaced people) and the refugees
when contacted should talk about peace and need
for
clothes, water, etc.. but not to voice their opinion
about Sudan Governments actions ( this one and
before). This is for them is propaganda.

3- Ocampo and International Criminal Court are
out to destroy Sudan (which
means to them
Khartoum and North Sudan).


4- Save Darfur and other advcocacy organizations
are
seen as Jewish and Zionist organizations with
Agendas
in Sudan.

5- Reports and news should be dumbed down
(focus on
programs like culture and heritage).

6-We Darfurians are compelled to read news
and reports
in high level Arabic language.
Arabic language in
Sudan is symbol of the
dominant culture.


We Darfurians, the three of us, were vocally critical
of the blatant distortion. We were threatened that
they can replace us with any Darfurians and there
are
tens of them lined for our jobs, then we were
marginalized. Elzubair and Zaharat started to do
almost everything and ignoring us. They work late
and
six to seven days per week just to render us
useless.


They decided to make an example of their control.

On Tuesday December 16th ~ I was called to the
new
manager's office (William Sabatini- started
December
1st) and there was Alzubair and
Zaharat with the
personnel manager and I was
told that my employment is
terminated effective
immediately. I asked the reasons
and he said
this is the end of probation period and he

retrieved recommendations (meaning Elzubair
and
Zahrat) to do that.

I said to him:

Firstly I need the reasons in writing in a letter.

Secondly, this termination is unfair and unjust and
has nothing to do with the work here and
has
everything to do with what is going on in Darfur

and Sudan.


I pointed to Zahart and AlZubair and
said: These are from the North, they are protecting
the
status quo.

I asked Zaharat: how many people of your

relative lost their lives in Darfur Genocide?
She
could not reply.

I said I know by name 31 of my relatives
perished
in this Genocide. The manager's
demeanor changed and
said: I apologize
to hear about your loss there.


I said Genocide still is going on. Alzubair
laughed. I said to the manager: you see -
he
is laughing! That is how insensitive
they are to what
is going in Darfur.

Again I asked about the written letter of
termination.
Already Alzubair and Zaharat
had interviewed Darfuris
from tribes not
targeted by the government and

Janjaweed. Those who can be as tokens
to them.


I will never sell out those who are toiling
in the
camps in Darfur and eastern Chad.

NEVER.

End of Mohamed's email.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like to get more information about Mohamed, please let me know.

This should not be happening here in the USA.


Join one of these groups to be a part of the answer to stopping genocide
www.savedarfur.org

www.genocideintervention.net

www.standnow.org


1-800-GENOCIDE

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home