<body>

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MOTHER AND SON



My Dear Son,

I was up in the west bedroom looking for a blank book that was still blank and having failed finding one, I opened some of my journals that I have already filled. I came across a couple of things that you wrote to me. And that is what made me want to write to you, now.

You are so very dear to me. In the beginning, I wrote you note after note saying affirmations to you. But now, I want to do the same. You are a very special human being. I am grateful our lives came together. The one letter laying between the pages of my journal, you wrote to me and it is so beautifully honest and real. When I got to the end and read your last sentence, I started to intensely feel the tears well up from deep in my chest and the tears filled my sinuses and tears filled my eyes. These were tears of feeling alive. There are times in life when you feel dead and there are times you feel so real and alive. I feel alive because we have shared our lives. This letter was before high school and although it has no date, it was when I was still in your life mothering you like a mother mothers a son.

I want you to know that I believe in your goodness and your gifts as a special human being. I hope you are having a good day. I love you, sweetheart.

Your Mom

The picture is you of course ~ at the restaurant after the court of your adoption proceeding




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home