<body>

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I VOLUNTEERED IN A PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN


I am white, female and old enough to be profiled to vote for Hillary.
But I have been for Barack Obama from the very beginning.


Truth is not so self-evident I find.

Hillary Clinton had her speech underground, literally tonight where no cell phones could work, no outside world could be communicated with and her supporters had no way of knowing that while breaking into the Republican Presidential candidate, John McCain's speech the following comment was televised on national TV:

Barack Obama is now the presumptive
Democratic Nominee
of the President of the United States

I have volunteered to help this come true.

Photobucket

This is a picture I took of Barack and Michelle Obama, January 8, 2008 in New Hampshire, Primary Night, where I volunteered for Barack for one week. Irish TV interviewed me that night. Later I volunteered online making phone calls to New Jersey voters. And later I volunteered in my state of Rhode Island and was asked to introduce Senator John Kerry at the Newport, RI Obama campaign office while working door-to-door and phone banking for Barack Obama. This is the first time in my life I have ever volunteered for a political candidate.

I know the world is watching this election.
Photobucket
............................................

............................................

Photobucket


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home