<body>

Friday, April 4, 2008

RAFAEL NADAL IS AN AMBASSADOR FOR SPAIN AND TENNIS

Rafael Nadal is a diplomat for Spain and for tennis. And especially for his loving fans. He, again is writing a blog for his fans during his tournament practice, interviews and playing the matches. Here is another post from Rafa.

THURSDAY, APRIL 3

Hello everybody,

It is strange to write two blogs posts in one day. But I came back early to the hotel since we had an early dinner. Well, early for a Spaniard like me, since we left the hotel at 8.45 pm for dinner. That might be very late for some of you reading this. But for me it is quite early since I normally go for dinner at 9.30 pm the earliest. We went to the Argentine restaurant close to the hotel. We have been going there almost everyday before a match. It is really nice and the food and atmosphere is great. We were five people. My close team (except for my uncle Toni who, by the way doesn't normally come with us for dinner) here in Miami with me. That is Carlos, Benito, Rafel and Francis.

My father, uncle and all their friends went to see the match between Roddick and Federer. Talking about that, I followed the match on the internet before going for dinner. It is quite a surprise, although Andy is playing very good lately. He played really good in Dubai and it seems he is playing here at that same level.

I hope the media don't start "killing" Roger for this. He doesn't deserve it and he is really a great guy. I am sure he will win soon again.

As I say I went for an early dinner since tomorrow I leave to the site a bit earlier. I am warming up at 10.30 and as you know I go to the site like an hour before so I can get ready. We just finished playing some soccer on the Playstation and finished a massage after that. I am ready to go to bed and be ready for tomorrow. It is an important match since I would love to be back on a final here in Miami.

Thanks all for your support and win or lose I will be here tomorrow to write and talk about what happened.

More reader questions answered:

You always appear so self-contained
on court. When you were younger
did you ever lose your temper and
behave badly during a match? --
Belinda


No, my uncle always taught me not to do so.

It seems like you prefer to start the match
by receiving serve. Is that true? -- Cedrine


Yes, I always do that.

How much time do you put into developing
varying strategies for different opponents?
-- Andrea


I always talk to my coach (my uncle or Francis)
before the matches. Either the night before or
the same day.

The current balance of ranking points on
the tour is 60% hardcourts, 30% clay
and 10% grass. How do you feel about
this? Would you like to see more events
on clay, or on grass? -- Rosangel


Not only that. I also think that clay and
grass are better for the body and therefore
we would have less injuries, all of us. So I
think it is easier for hard court players to
have better ranking. But that's the way it
is. In the end we all play. Probably the
thing less fair is that clay is all played in
a very short period of time.

Do you ever read the forum on
[your official site] rafaelnadal.com?
-- Evu


I did sometimes when I was blogging.
But I don't usually look at the forums.
Too many threads! :-)

Are there any questions you get
in interviews that you're fed up
of answering? -- Anna


Sometimes but that's the way it is.

What does Rafa Maymo write in
his notebook when you're
training? -- Maria


Good question. He writes EVERYTHING
we do. I mean everything!

I'll be in Bremen to support Spain
in the Davis Cup tie - good luck
Are you comfortable that playing
Davis Cup won't affect your
preparation before your busy
clay schedule? -- Rosangel


Davis Cup is important for me.
I like to play for my country.

Did you get a chance to go
to the Melbourne aquarium
like you wanted to? -- Tamika

I didn't. I had planned to go a
couple of times but in the end I
could not make it.

For the past three years, you've
seemed tired and subdued
during the second half of the
year. Will you make any changes
to your schedule this year? -- Zola

I don't think I was tired at all.
I actually played pretty good at
the end of last year with good
results. THe only thing is that I
did not in a title but for the rest
I am happy.

See you,

Rafa

A Huge Thanks to Tennis.com

.....................................................................
Photobucket
.....................................................................
Photobucket
.....................................................................
Two pictures of Rafa above in the Quarter Finals
against Blake in Miami 08
.....................................................................


....................................................................
Slideshow of photos of Nadal beating Blake
in quarter finals of Sony Ericsson Open
in Miami (Key Biscayne), Florida 2008

....................................................................

....................................................................
Rafael Nadal interviewed in Spanish
after victory versus Berdych
in Semi Finals Miami 08
Uploaded by vamosrafapuntocom

Rafael Nadal's website has a great Fan Page for his loving fans

Sony Ericsson Open 2008 website

CBS is apparently going to air the Men's Final on Sunday, April 6, 08 at 12:30 p.m.

The women's final is Saturday, April 5, 08, which also apparently will be aired on CBS at 11:30 a.m.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home