<body>

Monday, March 31, 2008

GIVING VOICE TO BEAUTY...THAT IS WHAT SINGING IS


...............................................................

...............................................................
Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You
Sung by Roberta Flack and Peabo Bryson
Uploaded by Derek Yeo popdjdysh from Singapore

I won't even try to connect the song above to the thought below. It is just here.

Tonight, I listened in on the Awakening class online with Eckhart Tolle and Oprah Winfrey and this song came to me...
"V' asu li mikdash, v' shahanti b' to kham.
Make sacred space for me to dwell, and I will be with you."
Composed by Hanna Tiferet Siegel

This is a song that I sing to myself on my walks and while I'm driving my car. It is a simple round and is beautiful when singing with two voices. Singing is a spiritual gift. I wasn't given the most appealing voice but my soul feels so much better when I sing.

"God is as close to us as we can risk being close to our real selves."
from the book Please Touch by Edwin M. McMahan and Peter A. Campbell

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home