<body>

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

AMAZING HUMAN FORM, STRENGTH, MOVEMENT, AGILITY AND ARTISTRY

Rafa Nadal, my favorite tennis player








BEAUTY TRANSCENDS


I appreciate beauty. I’m not embarrassed to see the human body in an artisitic way, although this is in conflict with the way I was raised. I’m American. I was raised to be a conservative and in a “born again” religious church.

I love dance. Growing up, dance was taught to be a sin.



I love movement in any artistic form, which means in the arts, but also in sports. I particularly find the athletes’ movements in tennis,

basketball and soccer as beautiful. Even baseball has its artistically rich moments. Especially the bat swing. Gymnasts are just as artisitic as any dancer.

As I was thinking about this post I remembered studying A.H. Maslow years ago. What stood out to me was that “beauty” was necessary to our lives. I found this list regarding improving education on the website about Maslow:
* Be authentic.
* Transcend their cultural conditioning and become world citizens.
* Find their vocation and right mate.
* Know that life is precious.
* Be good and joyous in all kinds of situations.
* Learn from their inner nature.
* See that basic needs are satisfied.
* Refreshen their consciousness; appreciate beauty and other good things in life.
* Understand that controls are good, and complete abandon is bad.
* Transcend trifling problems
* Grapple with serious problems such as injustice, pain suffering and death
* Be good choosers
* Be given practice in making choices of goodies, then making choices in their religious beliefs.
http://www.deepermind.com/20maslow.htm

A thoughtful list.

The first video would be offensive to some because they would never get past the bodies. And the fact that two men are performing the acts together in both of the videos would stop many from seeing the creation and manifestation of what is so evident. That is too bad.

What I witness is the beautiful.

Movement is art.

Beauty transcends.
………………………………….….

………………………………….….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjykuEuZG8
XXVIIIth CIRCUS MONTE-CARLO
………………………………….….

………………………………….….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac9-ePvQSKM

Portuguese Marco Lorador and Paulo Lorador, performers in the Cirque du Soleil show Mystère, wow audiences with their physical feats of strength and balance.



I posted about these two performers before on February 1, 2007
“Movement of the Human Body and All Life is a Stage”

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home