<body>

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I WANT TO BE IN THE WARM HOLD OF YOUR LOVING MIND


The conflict in northern Uganda has forced tens of thousands of children to travel to town centers each night to avoid violence and abduction.
Photo: Thatcher Cook for the International Rescue Committee


Sometimes, I just want someone to be a soft place to be. But when I don’t have that someone, I turn to writing or singing or dancing.

It’s a hard world in the best of places much of the time, so it is sobering to think how it must be for those who live in the worst of places. We, here, live as spoiled people who much of the time give no thought to those who have no place of comfort to lay their heads at night. And the children who have no one to love them, we pay no mind.

The nightwalkers
Every evening, in war-torn northern Uganda, 40,000 children leave home and trek to the safety of special night shelters. The article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uganda/Story/0,,1706873,00.html

…………………………………….

…………………………………….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2arEUEAWck

Catch the Wind
by Donovan

In the chilly hours and minutes,
Of uncertainty, I want to be,
In the warm hold of your loving mind.

To feel you all around me,
And to take your hand, along the sand,
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When sundown pales the sky,
I wanna hide a while, behind your smile,
And everywhere I'd look, your eyes I'd find.

For me to love you now,
Would be the sweetest thing, 'twould make me sing,
Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind.

When rain has hung the leaves with tears,
I want you near, to kill my fears
To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standin' in your heart,
Is where I want to be, and I long to be,
Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind.


Forced to Flee: Uganda's Young "Night Commuters"

Read the article:
http://www.theirc.org/where/page-28828228.html

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

Call 1-800-GENOCIDE
to help stop the Darfur genocide

Call 202-456-1111 and tell President Bush to support SADA

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home