<body>

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We Are All Keepers of Justice...We All Have a Voice

Part 2
Read Pulitzer Prize winning author, Samantha Power’s “A Problem from Hell” – America and the Age of Genocide. I love America. After all, where else on earth would I have gotten to be a part of a conference call this afternoon at 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. (DST) with Mia Farrow? But I’ll be honest, that I have a love-hate relationship with this country. Just the one fact alone that we as a nation have never acknowledged our genocide on the Native Americans of this great land makes me cower. We can be great. “We” just need to act like we own this government – We, the People. But that takes being well-informed, better than our newspapers and TV news select for us to know. The internet is fantastic. Check out http://www.sudan.net/
and link to the “Latest News”. It takes involvement in the world with moral convictions to be humanized It’s not oil, or trumped up “justifications”, not power or money that makes us human and humane.

Okay it's a stretch to connect this post into my “love affair” with Brothers and Sisters, but it’s another one of those “I’m finally at an age, that I walk boldly, dare to step out into the world without a limb to hang onto, and see if my wings are working". In other words, for you to see this as connected to the fictional world of the Walker clan or not, isn’t necessary for me – I’m going to throw it out there in the great unknown’s ears.

I’m talking about the other side of my being giddy with excitement for my favorite TV show, Brothers and Sisters, the side of being an activist to stop and prevent genocide. Here’s the “thing” and why I am inspired to write: Today…I participated in a national conference call with David Rubenstein (The Main Man at Save Darfur), Mia Farrow (activist, mother and actress) and Larry (didn’t catch his last name, but he was working at the U.N., but presently working with Savedarfur.org). They just came back from eastern Chad, which borders Sudan, and just across the border from the region of Darfur. The place of genocide for 3 years, 10 months, and counting. The place that has been Hell on Earth because we, as a planet of human beings, don’t have the POLITICAL WIIL to make STOPPING this HUGE SIN and CRIME OF ALL CRIMES - a PRIORITY. The MOST IMPORTANT WEAPON of the genocidaires is OUR COLLECTIVE SILENCE. Good People Choosing to Do Nothing.

continued on the next post

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home