<body>

Friday, August 29, 2008

RAFAEL NADAL AND VIKTOR TROICKI PLAY IN ROUND 3 AT US OPEN 08


Rafael Nadal pictured in Round 2 match with Ryler De Heart
US Open
August 28, 2008
Photo credit: Getty




Round 2 in match with Ryler DeHeart
Above 3 photos credit: Rob Loud

Rafaeal Nadal will play Viktor Troicki from Serbia in Round 3

Play Starts at 11:00 a.m. ~ August 30, 2008 Saturday
on Arther Ashe Court

Rafa plays after
Alona Bondarenko and Venus Williams on Arthur Ashe.

So Rafa will play no earlier than noon,
as long as no one withdraws.
But rain could be a factor, also.


Schedule of the US Open 2008
Photo credit: unknown

* See Rafa's interview with the press at this link after the US Open 2008 Round 2 match with Ryler DeHeart or downloaded here by ninzninz2


...................................

...................................
Part 1

...................................
Part 2

Photo credit: unknown

* Rafa is blogging again at Times Online

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to apologize because this will be a very short blog. The reason for this is that I have just arrived to the hotel and it is half past midnight. This is the thing I like less about the night matches. Today it wasn't too bad since the match was pretty fast. But if a match lasts 3 or even 4 hours, I could have gotten here by 2-3 am and you know how it is: press, something to eat, the transportation back to the hotel and also the tension after a match that has you awake until late. It can be 4 or 5 in the morning when you really go to sleep. Not the best when you are going to compete in less than 48 hours.

But on the other side I have to admit and say that the night crowds here in NY are somehow special. Very noisy, very much into the match, a fun experience. Very different from Wimbledon that is also fun and the ultimate thing. You know what I mean.

I came to the hotel as I say over midnight and we are waiting in my room, Rafa Maymo, Tomeu Salva and me to have room service dinner. In the mean time I write this blog and the one I am writing for a Spanish newspaper. They are similar but not the same for those of you that speak Spanish. Of course that the things I do are the same in any language, right?

Sometimes I read your comments to the blog but not every day. It depends if I have time, if Benito is around (he helps me with translations), etc. But I do read them sometimes. Thanks in any case for the comments and support.

Tomorrow I practice at 12 and therefore I will leave to the site around 10.30. Not much time to sleep but you know that I normally sleep 6/7/8 hours max every day. Enough to recover!

Thanks again.

Rafa

* Rafa answers fans' questions

Hi Rafa, you are a tennis hero to many people and a lot of girls have a crush on you (including me!). Did you have a tennis hero when you were growing up and if so, who was it? Also have you ever had a crush on a female tennis player? Kaz, Melbourne : )

RN: I am blushing now! No, I did not have any tennis hero growing up and no crush in female tennis players...

Hola Rafa, there has been so much speculation about your outfit, so I'd like to hear your opinion. You're playing now in your old outfit, is that your choice? Is there going to be new image of you later this year and what is the reason for that? Hopefully you wouldn't do anything might affect your game. I wish all the best for you! Renja, Finland

RN: Yes I am. It is always my choice. Lots of talks about this. I will slightly change things when I feel comfortable with everything.

Good day to you, campeon! Congratulations to a fantastic 2008 campaign, you deserve all the congratulations your fans and fellow tennis players have showered you with. My question is this: have you had any pets or have you ever wanted one? Thanks and good luck to you on your campaign for the US Open :D

RN: No, I have not and I cannot have any. No time to take care of them

Do you need sometimes to be alone, in silence, with your own thoughts? What did you do in this moments? gracias for making us happy when we see you. Saludos, Florencia

RN: Yes, of course. Those moments are normally before a tennis match. I like to be listening to music and be alone.

Hi Rafa. As an English speaker learning Spanish, I've noticed how much your English has improved. Even in some of your earlier "invented days", you did so well, as it must have been very difficult in press conferences and interviews with questions being fired at you. Do you have a tutor or take any lessons?

RN: Many thanks. No, I don't have a tutor nor take lessons. The people traveling with me help me and again, the traveling helps a lot as you can imagine.

My question is that you seem like an almost perfect person to me, because you are a great player, very modest, humble and have a lots of respect to others. It's hard to imagine but what do you think your weakness is? Love,Hiromi, Canada

RN: Well, I have many. Believe me.

Hi Rafa! I was wondering what your feelings were towards playing doubles versus playing singles. Do you prefer one over the other, and do you have future goals for perhaps a doubles career as well? Also what's the biggest challenge in playing with a partner? Thanks for your time, and your blogs are great Angela Toronto, ON, CAN

RN: I like to play doubles but I can't do it always since my schedule of matches is too busy.

Hi Rafa, Do you use music to get motivated? What’s in your iPod? Mary

RN: Yes I do. I have a lot of Spanish music but not only.

Hi Rafa, I love your performance specially this year - my question to you is, do you have glass of wine when you are having dinner or you stick with non alcoholic drinks? Thank you Rafa and Good luck in US Open. Yudi, a big fan in Egypt

RN: No, I don't normally have wine. I actually don't like the alcohol.

Hey Rafa! I know you are a massive fan of football, but what I want to know is, what do you think of the English Premier League? And have you ever been to a Premier League match? Siobhan, 21, Liverpool

RN: I like a lot the Premier league. The football is really fast and exciting, Now with so many players from Spain there I also watch it even more.

Hola,Rafa! This is probably one of the weirdest questions,but- are you ticklish(carachoso:)? Marija

RN: Not much.

Send Rafa a question: rafa@timesonline.co.uk

Maybe your question will be selected for Rafa to answer.

.....................................

.....................................

These pictures are "screen caps" created by Mary

at The Forum at www.rafaelnadal.com


<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<:<


www.savedarfur.org

www.darfurolympics.org

GENOCIDE STOPS WITH US

Remember the Darfuri people

Silence Kills

Use Your Freedom to Speak Out Against Genocide


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home